cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

windows app error message 800401fb

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I get an error code whenever I try to watch anything on the app.

First it looks like it's loading, then it says 'Video failed to play' with a retry button. After a small amount of time, it refreshes to the usual error screen with the code 800401fb, telling me to go to nowtv.com/help. There's no other posts I've found here or on the internet with that code.

I have windows 10, but I haven't done any updates recently. I've tried signing out and in again, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, as the website suggests. It's been working fine until just now, I used it a couple days ago and there were no problems.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or information provided.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have exactly the same issue on Windows 10.  Can someone in customer support please comment on a solution

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is caused when you are attempting to use an older version of the Windows Store (Modern UI) NOW TV app. It does not appear to auto-update and NOW have made changes so this app version is no longer valid.

You need to install the app from the NOW TV website rather than the Windows Store - after doing that the new app streams.

Take note of the software names:

NOW TV (trusted Windows Store App) - does NOT work anymore

NOW TV Player (downloaded from NOW TY website) - this works.