cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Unable to issue a licence to play this protected video. Please try again. [c:1010/t:6024/c:4110]"

I've paid for a day pass so I can watch the Man United - Everton game, and I keep getting a message saying "Unable to issue a licence to play this protected video. Please try again. [c:1010/t:6024/c:4110]".

I've tried loads of times, and it keeps saying the same thing.

This needs to be fixed by kick off time (4pm - in 9 minutes time) or I want a full refund.

Any chance you could actually make sure your service works before taking people's money for it?

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After speaking with a knowledgable tech guy this time its a known problem with windows vista and silverlight & now tv are communicating with microsoft about it. No fix at the moment. Only took a 7th tech guy to tell me this.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello NOW TV forum moderators,

Given that this issue is 'Windows PC' related, how about moving it into the dedicated Windows PCs & Laptops area of the forum? Where's it's more likely to help others... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But why has it only just started happening, when a few weeks ago it wasn't an issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same problem on vista laptop. only started a few weeks ago.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

we're looking into this at the moment and we'll come back to you and others on this post as soon as we have an update.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was there a resolution to this??

I've been having the same issue for the past week, and going through trouble shooting on 'Live Chat' and swapping emails with someone from the tecnical team (I think) over the past few days, is getting me nowhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

FYI, I don't think the Silverlight Animation test worked for me (nothing happened, just blank screen) - but I've tried uninstalling, and re-installing to ensure it's the latest version...and I have also checked all the settings are right within Silverlight which they seem to be...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having this issue.  Dell Inspiron 1545, Windows Vista, Firefox browser.  The animation link posted previously works fine.

I've only subscribed for Entertainment (3 months for 2) so that I can watch Game of Thrones season 6.  All other video services I use work perfectly.

How soon is there likely to be a fix for this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

As @Simon-J has mentioned we are looking into this at the moment and as soon as we know more we will let you know.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm still having an issue with this - Now TV not working at all on Windows Vista with firefox. I've tried all of the silverlight fixes and the problem isn't with me. Seeing as this issue was reported a month ago now, is there a solution yet? Pretty disappointing if not.