cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

picture audio out of sync streaming

on windows 8 with internet explorer and silverlight picture slows down and gets out of sync with audio very quickly.  I run the latest version of silverlight and internet explorer on an acer laptop aspirev5 series

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that @Anonymous User 

Do you have an Ethernet cable to try to see whether that makes any difference?

Regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

funnily enough that's the first thing i tried and within seconds of the stream starting the video was lagging the audio.

Sorry to repeat myself but it does not make logical sense that i can stream any other tv channel with no issues, so internet cannot be a factor.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for that.

I will send you an email shortly with further steps.

Kind regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, we are having the same issue as this. Was there a successful fix?

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues viewing the NOW TV content on your laptop.

So that we can help resolve the issue for you, please can you confirm the following:

1. Is your laptop attached to any external speaker systems?
2. How is your laptop connected to your Internet: wired or wireless?
3. How much space do you have on your laptop? Will it be possible for you to delete some of the items (photos, films, documents, apps)

4. Do you have an Ethernet cable to try to see whether that makes any difference?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Seema
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Seema,

I have the same problem that the audio and video are not in sync and the video is not smooth.

I have more than 100gb free space and I used both WiFi and with cable, I dont have any speekers connected.

On my nexus 10 everything is perfect.

Thanks,

Itai

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

Can you please tell me what are you trying to watch - Live content or on demand?

What are the times you normally watch?

Have you tried different Browsers?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Birgit,

I tried to watch Live sports on Opera, I tried also on Chrome but it didn't even start the player (kept loading for 2 minuts until I gave up).

Yesterday I downloaded the win8.1 Now tv app and it worked fine, so the problem is only in the browser.

Itai

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi  @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Glad to hear that you got it to work 🙂

I would recommend you to continue on using the Windows 8 app, however if you want to use Browser, make sure you have enabled the Silverlight plugin. For example, you have mentioned that Chrome just kept loading. If you try to play out, please refresh the page and take a look at your URL, you should see a jigsaw puzzle picture or pop-up blocker coming up. Make sure this is set always allow. 

Just to let you know, if you use the app and the browser, it will register them as two separate devices. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not able to watch the tennis - the picture keeps freezing, the sound comes before the pictures, absolute rubbish! How do I get a refund?