NOW TV Box maintenance on 23 August Click here for more info
Occasional Poster

Re: picture audio out of sync streaming

hello Ranj, nowtv app is still garbled on playback. I am again trying Firefox and telling me device limit reached. So frustrated.

NOW TV Team

Hi @daveys

Sorry about the delayed reply.

NOW TV app - are you talking about the Box? Can you tell me what have you watched and what exactly happens - picture quality, sound issues etc?

In regards to device limit, have you been able to play out anything on your laptop/PC? 

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Occasional Poster

I have tried everything suggested by NOW TV communities and forums.  I even upgraded to Windows 10, putting up with the pains of making non-compatible hardware, compatible. 

Watching anything on NOW TV is now much more than a chore; stopping every few minutes to rewind and replay in order to synchronise video with audio, it is sometimes impossible to make out who is actually speaking.

NOW TV, for me, is everything except enjoyable. Silverlight is like going back into the dark ages compared to the simplicity of everything else such as YouTube, which is FREE by the way,

When finished (if I can bare to do so) watching Quantico, I will most defiantly cancel my subscription.

Occasional Poster

Mine has been unticked; tried ticking it and unticking it - makes no difference.  Having read all of the Now Team's suggestions, I am under the opinion they have no fix, just guesses.

NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @rick7

If your using Windows 10 why don't you use the NOW TV App ?

It makes life so much easier, You can download it for free via this link.

Thanks

Andy

First Poster

Okay so i have exactley the same problem,

Happens with every single program i watch on nowtv.

Tried other browsers - it doesnt work

I have plenty of space on my hard drive

I can stream all other providers (netflix, amaxon prime, catch up) butnothing but problems with Nowtv

does not happen on nowtv box or ps3

using windows 7 - never had a problem before, got progressively worse last couplle of months

need help to fix or will cancel subcription as its virtually impossible to watch

First Poster

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem - regardless of the content. There is plenty of free space on my computer since it is new. I have tried every solution listed earlier with no success. Is there a solution?

Highlighted
First Poster

Hello

I have the same problem with the Now TV Player application (Windows 10 Pro, x64, WiFi), and have the same problem on a number of different devices.

I have noticed that the video/sound sync seems to be a problem in general with the online video services that are available from many vendors, I have also noticed that many of these services seem to have poor sound quality, most are very quiet with some extreme (to a point) volumn changing issues (normally when music is played during more exciting moments within films). I am not refering to any specific PC/tablet/phone configuration, although I am sure the problems are more obvious on some devices.

The entertainment industry really should address these issues.

In the mean time, a FAQ and possible solutions to this issue would be helpful. The normal approach of saying its a wifi/disk space/anti virus/firewall or system not up to date problem is really not very helpful.

Until your systems can handle the environments in which they are running (i.e. our home PCs/Tablets etc over WiFi or anything else which you support), we want a list of suggested solutions with step by step guides based on the devices/OSs that customers are using.

First Poster

I am having trouble on a Windows 10 PC on Internet explorer.

Spend less time on ip protection and more on making a service that works and you might get a return customer
Occasional Poster

programmes out of sync

hey , Im having real difficulty watching anything on my entertainment monethly pass , as it all seemes to be out of sync! i really love thIS service but paying for it and not being able to use it is making me really sad :-( ive been trying to watch baskets the affair and loads of other thing but the sound is 5 seconds behind the visual . Im watching now tv through my windows computer on internet explorer. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! thank you