cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

picture audio out of sync streaming

on windows 8 with internet explorer and silverlight picture slows down and gets out of sync with audio very quickly.  I run the latest version of silverlight and internet explorer on an acer laptop aspirev5 series

42 REPLIES 42
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for posting.

Can we ask if you have tried this in different browsers? 

Could you also try updating your video drivers, depending on what operating system you're using the steps might be different but if you're unsure there's plenty of guides available online.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried everything suggested by NOW TV communities and forums.  I even upgraded to Windows 10, putting up with the pains of making non-compatible hardware, compatible. 

Watching anything on NOW TV is now much more than a chore; stopping every few minutes to rewind and replay in order to synchronise video with audio, it is sometimes impossible to make out who is actually speaking.

NOW TV, for me, is everything except enjoyable. Silverlight is like going back into the dark ages compared to the simplicity of everything else such as YouTube, which is FREE by the way,

When finished (if I can bare to do so) watching Quantico, I will most defiantly cancel my subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If your using Windows 10 why don't you use the NOW TV App ?

It makes life so much easier, You can download it for free via this link.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay so i have exactley the same problem,

Happens with every single program i watch on nowtv.

Tried other browsers - it doesnt work

I have plenty of space on my hard drive

I can stream all other providers (netflix, amaxon prime, catch up) butnothing but problems with Nowtv

does not happen on nowtv box or ps3

using windows 7 - never had a problem before, got progressively worse last couplle of months

need help to fix or will cancel subcription as its virtually impossible to watch

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem - regardless of the content. There is plenty of free space on my computer since it is new. I have tried every solution listed earlier with no success. Is there a solution?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

I have the same problem with the Now TV Player application (Windows 10 Pro, x64, WiFi), and have the same problem on a number of different devices.

I have noticed that the video/sound sync seems to be a problem in general with the online video services that are available from many vendors, I have also noticed that many of these services seem to have poor sound quality, most are very quiet with some extreme (to a point) volumn changing issues (normally when music is played during more exciting moments within films). I am not refering to any specific PC/tablet/phone configuration, although I am sure the problems are more obvious on some devices.

The entertainment industry really should address these issues.

In the mean time, a FAQ and possible solutions to this issue would be helpful. The normal approach of saying its a wifi/disk space/anti virus/firewall or system not up to date problem is really not very helpful.

Until your systems can handle the environments in which they are running (i.e. our home PCs/Tablets etc over WiFi or anything else which you support), we want a list of suggested solutions with step by step guides based on the devices/OSs that customers are using.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine has been unticked; tried ticking it and unticking it - makes no difference.  Having read all of the Now Team's suggestions, I am under the opinion they have no fix, just guesses.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this happens to me everytime i try to watch sports on my laptop. Have tried all the solutions suggested on replies to other users and nothing changes.

Never happens when i watch on my iphone and never happens when i stream any other channels (e.g. BBC, ITV etc), so it must be something about how nowtv is configured that doesn't work on many people's devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear that the steps provided haven't resolved the issue for you. Can you please tell me the following:

1. Is your laptop attached to any external speaker systems?

2. How is your laptop connected to your Internet: wired or wireless?

3. How much space do you have on your laptop? Will it be possible for you to delete some of the items (photos, films, documents, apps)

Kind regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

1) No external speakers

2) Wireless internet

3) 860 gig of free storage on my laptop

Note I only ever have this problem with Nowtv. Streaming other channels live (eg BBC, ITV)is never a problem for me.