cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv wont work on my laptop

NOWTV Wont work on my laptop, asked to install silverlight which i have done but it still wont load any film.

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am having the same issue I have a HP and windows 7 and have tried watching it on google chrome and on internet explorer and its still not working just constantly showing the loading sign. It is really unhelpful that there is only questions as replies and not answers for people as we are all clearly having the same issue

Hi thebarnes1993,

We find it is usually best to ask questions instead of just firing answers that may not be relevant to the actual issue. This way, we can eliminate certain factors before giving you 101 answers.

I would suggest doing an internet speed test online to check that the download speed is at least 2.5 Mbps, which is the minimum download speed you need to be able to stream our movies.

Also, it may help if you disable any other devices that are connected to the internet at the time of you streaming as other devices can really slow the connection down.

It may also help if you use a wired connection instead of wireless.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Shannon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok let's see if you can actually help me with this. I signed up for your trial today. When I select a movie I just get a gray field. for about half a second a loading screen appears, but nothing else.

I'm using a Win 8 laptop, tried both IE 10 and firefox 14, dl speed is 61mb both wired and unwired, and no other devices are connected.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aellon,

Thanks for getting in touch with your query, sorry to hear that you are having issues viewing the service via your laptop.

Unfortunately we are not currently supporting Windows 8.

However here is a list of our current supported devices.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well my windows 8 laptop shows the exact same thing that my windows 7 laptop shows, a small circle stating "loading" and it just goes and on. You say you don't support windows 8, thats ok, but what about the windows 7 laptop? Nowtv works fine on my desktop and XBOX360 though.

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi saffy,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have a useful post over in our new Help pages that covers this issue, available here: Continuous Loading.

If the steps there don't get you back up and running, then we also have a full list of general troubleshooting in this post: Troubleshooting FAQ.

Hopefully those will get you working again soon! You can also try these steps for Windows 8, as they may help there as well.

Kind regards,

Jason

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello, I am currently having the same issues.  a few months ago i was able to watch nowtv on my Lenova windows 8 computer. i dont have an antivirus up-to-date, i have installed silverlight multiple times trying to follow helpful articles on here. I have enabled on playback, and i have made sure to download and use firefox. Like i said, I was able to watch nowtv a few months ago but now it has completely stopped working, when i sign in and click a movie this is what it says "There was an error starting the video stream. For more info, please go to nowtv.com/help."

I am currently using a friends account so emailing wouldnt be the best option.

thank you for any support

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

As your using Windows 8 it's best to you our app available from the Microsoft Store, it does away with all the hassle of Silverlight and adjusting settings etc etc

Click here to get it 🙂

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem. Can't watch on laptop despite installing Silverlight etc. Seems like an unworkable service right now...

I can download the NOW TV app but I can't find 'My TV' in it, which is where I have saved the things I want to watch. Can someone tell me how to locate this in the app please? Many thanks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Claire111 wrote

I can download the NOW TV app but I can't find 'My TV' in it, which is where I have saved the things I want to watch. Can someone tell me how to locate this in the app please? Many thanks.

@Anonymous User

If you have downloaded the NowTV app onto your PC or Laptop then scroll right to the end of the homepage where you should see the "My TV" feature and click on the "More My TV" box to expand the Recently Watched and Watchlist (that's how it works on my Windows 10 Tablet).

Hopefully it is the same layout on a PC / Laptop ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just subscribed to this & i wish now to watch a movie called Final destination 5 then it comes up subscribe to watch, Ive pressed that & then it said start now Ive pressed this & no movie started please could you help    Thanks