cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv wont work on my laptop

NOWTV Wont work on my laptop, asked to install silverlight which i have done but it still wont load any film.

135 REPLIES 135
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello, I have subscribed to NOW TV, followed the instructions by downloading both Firefox and Silverlight (I am using a HP EliteBook 840 G2).

Everytime I attempted to watch a show through Firefox, a messages appears saying: "There appears to be a problem with your Silverlight configuration. Please go to nowtv.com/help". I cant understand why there are any issues with Silverlight. Ive checked the NOW TV service status and it says "Everything looks good". I Followed the Troubleshooting link which said "TTP Error 404: Not Found - Well this is embarrassing, we can't find the resource you've requested".

Ive now uninstall Silverlight, rebooted my PC, reinstalled Silverlight and im still having the same issues.

Thanks, Kat

Hi @Anonymous User
If you're using Windows 8 or above you can use the now TV Windows 8/10 app instead of Silverlight. This bypasses Silverlight completely, which means you should have far less issues.

The app can be downloaded using the Microsoft store on Windows 8/10. It is downloaded and installed free of charge, but you will need a Microsoft account.

Be aware that the nowTV app will be seen as a different device by now TVs systems. So if you have four devices in your account. You would need to remove one of them

Another bonus of the Windows 8/10 app is that you get 720p HD on demand.

If you run into into device management issues live chat might sort this out for you. If you explain the problems you've been having with Silverlight and the fact that you have Windows 8\10

If you are using Windows 7 or using a Mac and therefore have no choice but to use Silverlight post back and either myself, a fellow community member or a member of now TV staff will do our best to help you. 

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello,

Yes, I am using Windows 7.

Kat
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you enabled Silverlight from within the Add-On's section of your FireFox browser ?

Do you have any anti-virus software installed on your PC ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

have downloaded silverlight but cannot watch any channels

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Welcome to the forum. 

If your computer is running Windows 10 or 8.1 the recommended route is to install the dedicated NOW TV app from the Windows Store and use this to watch rather than a browser, that way you don't need to mess around with Silverlight.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

But if you're not able to use the app, post back with details of which browser you are using and what happens when you try to watch something and someone should be able to help you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All.

I am about to tear my hair out. 

I have been watching now to on my laptop for months ~ no problem. Three days ago, the layout of their page changed and I have been having problems since and I can't watch now to on my laptop. 

I have downloaded now tv player. But when I click on the "lets go" tab after downloading' it just says "oops error occurred" . Sometimes it offers up an error code p20001. 

I have installed/uninstalled several times/cleared cookies/used Firefox and Internet explorer 

At my wits end. I have been on live chat several times. Each time I have to explain the whole situation from scratch. 

Is there anyone else experiencing my pain?? 

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you are using Firefox, it no longer supports Silverlight players.

I do not recommend the app which NowTV will prompt you to install.

It's a poorly developed player at the moment.

Instead, install Silverlight and use Internet Explorer.

Works like a dream for me anyway!

Try a separate install of Silverlight without being signed into NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi MoiAussi, 

Thanks for the recommendation.  I did as suggested but no change. It comes up as "unable to sign you in". 

Like me you I was watching it perfectly through Internet explorer and silver light. It stopped working abruptly and has been totally down since. Will have to sign off my membership, 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any way to not use the new NOWtv player app? I have it installed and the video is so jumpy it's unwatchable. But in Chrome it will no longer just let me watch through the browser. If I select to not launch NowTV it simply does nothing.

The app is so awful I don't know what to do. On Win8, Asus laptop. Video is fine on other non-Windows machines.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to watch GoT on my computer everything is loading fine but when I click the play button nothing happens