cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

not working on pc windows 10

It *has* been working fine with Windows 10 till today.

I got the black screen with just the exit link working.

I ran diagnostics for silverlight and it said it was corrupt but fixed it.

I've followed the instructions here: http://help.nowtv.com/article/Black-Screen-Windows-PC

I uninstalled NowTV from apps and then re-installed it but...

Now I just have a grey button which when I click it goes straight to various windows updates and I can find nothing to actually open NowTV at all.

Want to scream...

Help gratefully received. Please!

Euphrosene

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re Silverlight and browser, what about chrome?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay - I have a feeling NowTV keeps uninstalling itself which is why the button is greyed out and clicks through to updates which links to the store (or something like that).

Anyway for the FOURTH time I am waiting for it to install.

I just do not know why it stopped working when it was fine just yesterday or the day before.

Please can someone help me?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your posts.

Do you also get any error messages/codes while trying to use the app?

What if you use IE through Microsoft Edge?

Can you tell me your laptop/PC model and make? Also have you updated your graphic driver?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I gave up waiting for any help from NowTV and looked elsewhere - and have now fixed it.

bacillus
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

I gave up waiting for any help from NowTV and looked elsewhere - and have now fixed it.

To aid others, what steps did you take to solve your issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem. None of the browsers worked nor did reinstalling Silverlight. Its always been a little ropey getting NowTV to work on a PC. The NowTV support team asked me to try the NowTV app which works but its an awful interface and I've not worked out how to close it apart from using End task in the Task manager by using Ctrl-Alt-Del. Also, when using the App I can't listen to a movie now while doing something else on my PC which is a pain. There is a stupid trend at the moment for for touch screen style apps which is a real headache for desktop PC users. Its like stepping back to the 80s and 90s with single task operating systems. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User just move your mouse to the top right, you'll have a close option and a resize which will allow you to do other things at the same time. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that. This is example of another annoying software trend which is to hind the menu bar. I'm unsure how I missed it but I was getting a bit exsperated with NowTV yesterday. It also took me a while to remember where this forum link was on the NowTV site. I hope software developers at NowTV take note of these comments. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV is built on Silverlight. Microsoft announced the retirement of Silverlight in 2011 and it is now abandonware.

NowTV needs to find a modern solution.

I've just done the same thing on Windows 10. First browser, chrome not supported, second browser Firefox report errors with Silverlight, IE didn;t support it either. Switch to the Mac laptop and the story is exactly the same. PITA when I'm trying to watch a sports event starting now. It may be "fixable" with some effort, but honestly NowTV should be using software that works out of the box.