cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

black screen with sound on player

hi there,

After numerous attempts and talking through the live chat I still am stuck with the nowtv player only producing sound and no image?
I cant get the app on my laptop as it's not compatible, so have to download the player.
Wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue as one of the team members said they are experiencing issues.
Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Not sure of the fix for your issue, but while you're waiting for an answer you could consider watching using IE11 with Silverlight plugin as this bypasses the need for the NOW TV Player. If you're interested more info here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/google-chrome-silverlight-compatibility

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

I've downloaded the silverlight thing but everytime I try and go on the internet explorer and access the now tv website it says error on page and just gives me a white screen? Any time I use google chrome it goes through the player and gives me a black screen? any tips? Many thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Are you definitely trying with IE11 as I don't think previous versions work with Silverlight. I'm a Mac user myself so not sure why it's still not working for you. Not sure which of the regulars watch on Windows to be honest but I'll tag @commanda6 in case he can help you.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Andy,

I've downloaded the silverlight thing but everytime I try and go on the internet explorer and access the now tv website it says error on page and just gives me a white screen? Any time I use google chrome it goes through the player and gives me a black screen? any tips? Many thanks

Hi @Anonymous User

while I don't view NowTV on Windows very often @Andy is right in saying that I might be able to help you

What version of Windows are you using? Because if you're using 8, 8.1 or Windows 10, then you shouldn't really be using Silverlight because it was never really the designed for anything beyond Windows 7. For the vast majority of users. I would recommend that the NowTV player is used. With this in mind the things that I'm going to suggest will be with a view to getting the NowTV player working.

If you're using a desktop PC, then the display that you're using with the PC should have either a DVI, HDMI or display port connection interface because displays which use VGA do not support HDCP. If you're using a laptop, then it must be quoted as having HD capable display (it should be noted that HDCP support isn't required for Silverlight, but this of course means HD playback isn't supported when using Silverlight)

Make sure that the video drivers on your machine are up-to-date. It may be best to go to the graphics vendor for your machine to get these if you have Intel HD graphics go to Intel if you have Nvidia GPU go to Nvidia and if you have an AMD GPU go to AMD , it's worth noting that when Windows go through major updates or is upgraded to a new version of Windows. It sometimes replaces some drivers of its own accord as part of the update process, but this is often problematic when it comes to graphics drivers. Make sure that you get the drivers match the graphics chip you have, though

I hope this helps. If it doesn't please do post back. Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes me for nearly 4 weeks on my windows 7 desktop player does not work, black blank screen. Sick of telling nowtv, there useless. They just saying unintsall / clear cache / reinstall that should fix it. No its does not same for chrome / same for firefox / same IE 11 into 4th week no picture.

I don,t know what it takes to get through to these people, IT DOES NOT WORK . .. HELLO

They have def changed something at Nowtv, for sure. Soem is wrong in the software. One min its working the next poof nothing, and no one knows what is going on, no one knows what is causing it, no one can help.

They just keep saying the above, they are reading from a script they clearly do not know how to solve real technical pc related problems as its clear they don,t have a clue at nowtv.

im sick of telling them