cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

absolutely the worst designed software

I cant believe nowtv is this badly designed that any tv shows i want to watch icant be bothered with the hassle involved to try to get this service to work.

really is pants .

everytime i use it for over a year there is issues. and their support did not help

nearly every broswer doesnt work, except firefox perhaps

but that now doesnt work as it keeps requested to install the nowtv player, when i try to downloads the nowtv player that doesnt work , oh and now requests ive exceeded my device limit, even though im on the same laptop.

i was happy using firefox, barely using it , but it kept reqtesting the popup to install the nowtv player and wont let me go back to watching it on firefox

their device limit also sucks, the way to search for shows sucks, the catalogging sucks, and their support is non existant.

on my desktop pc every other service ( amazon, netflix etc ) all work, but now tv doesnt and they have wont help why even after many phonecalls.

anwyay, maybe someone here should program them a better system as i think thats the only solution.

rant over, dont expect a solution, ill just go back to watching these shows on super poor quality zoomed out ones on Youtube,

nowtv, hope you go out of business so i can watch these shows on a service that actually lets people watch their shows without wanting to jump off a cliff.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree.

Firstly, Chrome doesn't work so since signing up a year ago I've been using Firefox, which had a few teething problems in the beginning but then seemed to work great.

Now that my Firefox has been updated, I had to download the NOW TV Player which doesn't even work. Constantly getting the same "Oh no!" error message (which, might I add, doesn't even appear in the list of error messages on the website).

So now I am literally paying for nothing.

Really making us jump through hoops here, guys. Sort it out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, NowTV sucks, I signed up a few months ago and I can never download anything, Probably the worst thing I ever signed up for, Total pants.

I've now signed off as its not worth the effort. Its weird as other websites work really well. Who knows whats going on with this ###### company.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  sorry when you say you cannot download a program.  Do you mean it won't let you watch or that you can't save it to your PC to watch?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
All I get is the spinning colour circles
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV is about as bad as it gets.

I paid £7 for a day pass to watch Crystal Palace. Desktop TV viewer is unbelievably bad, fuzzy picture, stops and starts, it is rubbish. Trying to watch on PC using Internet Explorer as required, with Silverlight installed and enabled - does not work - keeps saying Silverlight needs installing. Support? What support. No phone umber to ring, help screens useless. How do you get a refund - God knows. SKY is like a cancer in the media world and is pricing football out the reach of ordinary people.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree. Just badly designed overall. The error codes shouldn't be happening. Why think it's okay to keep signing in? It has a good lot of films but has been I suspect designed on the cheap and it shows. It makes it annoying when it needs to be enjoyable. So many people bypass design and Ui to begin with but that is an old fashioned approach. It makes me long for the ease of using sites like Netflix or Mubi where you rarely get such irritating issues. Please rethink. The ui is appalling and confusing. Why sell an ad for the thing if you're already a member. Waste of time. Why worry about whether the person has been watching a series for a long time (people who love things often do) and sign them out for what purpose? It just interrupts they're binge and creates an error message preventing them to continue. Absurd thinking. And with a series why no continual play when someone is watching a series. You seriously think that it isn't better to have some decide that they are done over having to get up and continually press next series. I haven't found the function that allows that to happen, in many ways I hope I've missed that somewhere as a preference. If so please let me know. I also, BTW have many more ideas of how to improve this site. Please contact me here: [email removed] thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just started my free 14 day trial.

I downloaded the TV player onto my laptop. When I tried to start it up I got a 'f20000' error message. The generic online help recommeded rebooting my laptop. I did so, but am still getting the same error message.

There was no further online advice on how to fix this available.

Looks like it's going to be a very quick free trial period for me Smiley Sad