cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows universal app for Phone

Hi,

now you made an app that works on Windows, could you make an universal app so it will work on Windows phone

Thanks

Brian

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows 10,there are now over 400 million users of windows 10

If you made one windows 10 universal app you could target all these potential users with a single app which is one of the main points of windows 10

Now TV appears to still be struggling in a windows 8 world with seperate apps for desktop, xbox and no mobile or possibly tablet

make one app that works for all windows 10 devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

There's no dates set for this at present; we're always looking to improve our service and may be picking this up in future.

Keep an eye out!

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello Rob

Thank you for the response although you might have missed the point a little. I was enquiring about a universal windows 10 app.

This is one single app that you guys need to produce and that single app will work on all windows 10 devices
PCs, laptops, tablets, Xbox 1 and phones.

With 400 million active users globally last time I checked that is a large user base only requiring one single app to target them all.
Minimal effort, maximum result and a large user base.

The question isn’t about a phone app its all windows 10 users.

I will certainly consider your product in the future when you are able to cater to Windows 10 users.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, l would like the universal app as well to use on the
950xl
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does the announcement of testing for the new Xbox app mean that UWP isn't happening? Or is it still a possibility as an upgrade to the current Windows PC app?
If an update is also happening for the PC app along with the Xbox app update, please add UWP support.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too .. Microsoft 640 + W10.

.. after all Roku have one.. in fact it's recommended in this forum to use it as a controller..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Me too .. Microsoft 640 + W10.

.. after all Roku have one.. in fact it's recommended in this forum to use it as a controller..

... Spoke too soon.. Installed but can't find device. I think although it's in the store for mobile it shouldn't be.. ..swiz.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the delay while we found out more on this.

At the moment the app is specifically build for Windows Tablets and not compatible with the Windows Phones. In the future we may look to build the app for UWP

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here's hoping so.

Thanks for getting back about this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've used the app before and it did work, buy after you said it didn't I tried it myself, and it no longer finds a device. I think it was meant to be in mobile store, but something is now stopping it from working properly. It definitely worked before.