Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows 10 - Stutter - Static and Odd

Thought I woud post this up as it might help someone.  The issues I have had:

Stutter.

I get a great picture but it would  pause and jump about every 3 seconds, so basically unwatchable.

Static.

I have 2 monitors and a plasma tv connected to my pc, the plasma is connected via HDMI, one of the monitors is via Displayport and the other is via DVI.  After installation of the app, whilst trying to watch a stuttering stream on the plasma I noticed the DVI monitor will occasionally go full screen static for a split second.  I imagine its some HDCP thing. It contnued happening even with the NowTV player shut down, and also after uninstalling the player (which doesn't uninstall the Cisco Videoguard system). After manually uninstalling the Cisco stuff it stopped doing it. So this meant I would have to install the player to watch something and uninstall it after.

Fixed

However I have since discovered, that after installation, if I first restart the pc, the stutter is gone and so is the static.  The wierd thing is, if I got to watch something the next day, the stutter and the static  come back.  I have to restart the pc again and its fine, until the next time I want to watch something in which case I'll have to restart the pc again.

Odd

When I decided to restart my pc, I left the NowTV player stuttering away whilst I started shutting down my various applications, one of which is NetWorx Bandwidth Monitor.  I  have discovered that if I shut down the NetWorx application whilst the NowTV player is running, the player loses it picture and just remains black.  Its not really an issue but I find it to be very odd behaviour.

0 REPLIES 0