cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows 10 Now TV Player error - Entry Point Not Found

I have just logged in to Now TV on my Windows 10 laptop to watch a programme, and on clicking the play button I was informed that there was an update to the Now TV Player.

Being a well behaved, do as you're told sort of computer user, I upgraded and now can't watch anything!

Every time I press play, I get an error message telling me that:

The procedure entry point

?get_builtin_module@node@@YAPAUnode_module@1@PBD@Z could not be located on the dynamic library

C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\Now TV Player.exe

This means nothing to me whatsoever, but clearly there is something amiss with the updated version of the Now TV Player.

I have uninstalled the player, re-installed. Turned my laptop off and on again - all the usual stuff - but it still doesn't work.

Please could anyone advise?

Many thanks,

Stuart

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

CPU usage when trying to use the NOW TV App: Not sure what you mean, as the error appears on launch so the app never has a chance to consume CPU. But the machine's resting rate at time of launch is low, in the region of 2-6%, see screenshot

Have you downloaded the NOW TV App from the Windows Store: Nope, I have never willingly downloaded any app from the Windows Store. Are you suggesting this as an alternative?

Thanks

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

CPU usage when trying to use the NOW TV App: Not sure what you mean, as the error appears on launch so the app never has a chance to consume CPU. But the machine's resting rate at time of launch is low, in the region of 2-6%, see screenshot

Have you downloaded the NOW TV App from the Windows Store: Nope, I have never willingly downloaded any app from the Windows Store. Are you suggesting this as an alternative?

Thanks

@Anonymous User  Just wanted to know about the GPU due to someone mentioning AMD before and the off chance that it was an AMD exclusive problem. Thanks for replying. Yeah, i just wanted to see if any background process was causing an issue but it seems not. Yep, we actually prefer people who have compatible Windows OS to download the APP from the Windows Store. Do you want to download that and try? It will count as an extra device but if you need me to remove one and give you another slot then let me know and i can do that fairly quick. Thanks

Tony

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Confirmed that the Windows Store version is working for me, thanks

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Confirmed that the Windows Store version is working for me, thanks

@Anonymous User Thanks very much for getting back to me. Good luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tony-D.

Today I've had the same problem as other people in the thread after following the prompt to update the software. This was fixed by installing the windows store version instead.

On my account management screen there are now 3 devices,  "work (WinStore)", "leisure pc" and "Now tv box". (I use one PC with a partition for work,  another partition for leisure and a box on my bedroom tv. ).

I'd already used my allocated devices this month and was warned that on deleting the old device I must wait until July 1st before I can add another.

Later today I'm assuming that after rebooting to my leisure partition I'll be prompted to update and will fail to get a device.

Are you able to give me back one device because of this issue please?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Tony-D.

Today I've had the same problem as other people in the thread after following the prompt to update the software. This was fixed by installing the windows store version instead.

On my account management screen there are now 3 devices,  "work (WinStore)", "leisure pc" and "Now tv box". (I use one PC with a partition for work,  another partition for leisure and a box on my bedroom tv. ).

I'd already used my allocated devices this month and was warned that on deleting the old device I must wait until July 1st before I can add another.

Later today I'm assuming that after rebooting to my leisure partition I'll be prompted to update and will fail to get a device.

Hi @Anonymous User 

At least it's somewhat working for you now thankfully. Yes, of course i will free up a slot for you. Can you let me know if it works for you then?

Thanks

Tony

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Tony-D.

Hi @Anonymous User 

At least it's somewhat working for you now thankfully. Yes, of course i will free up a slot for you. Can you let me know if it works for you then?

Thanks

Tony

@Anonymous User I've got that sorted for you now 🙂 Thanks again for getting back to me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi , im having the same error problem and when i try to dl the app from the store, it says its not there . can you help ??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i found the app from the stall . successfully installed it , thought i was sorted. it then said i had too many devices so i deleted 1 ( same laptop which i did use months ago and should be already assigned ) . it then said watch on a device . which i tried to do on same laptop . and got the same entry point error. 17 pound a month and i cant watch anything ..... this is feckin clown shoes.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If i was in your shoes, i would jump over to live chat and explain that you have exceeded the maximum device limit and ask them kindly if they can free up a device slot for you to use the nowtv app that you have recently downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

Link below for nowtv live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices