cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows 10 Now TV Player error - Entry Point Not Found

I have just logged in to Now TV on my Windows 10 laptop to watch a programme, and on clicking the play button I was informed that there was an update to the Now TV Player.

Being a well behaved, do as you're told sort of computer user, I upgraded and now can't watch anything!

Every time I press play, I get an error message telling me that:

The procedure entry point

?get_builtin_module@node@@YAPAUnode_module@1@PBD@Z could not be located on the dynamic library

C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\Now TV Player.exe

This means nothing to me whatsoever, but clearly there is something amiss with the updated version of the Now TV Player.

I have uninstalled the player, re-installed. Turned my laptop off and on again - all the usual stuff - but it still doesn't work.

Please could anyone advise?

Many thanks,

Stuart

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

will this be any different to me managing my own devices ????

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I might have misunderstood your post, from reading your post i was under the impression that you managed to download the nowtv app onto your PC and you was getting the maximum device limit message on screen and you was obviously frustrated that you have reached the 4 device limit and have already swapped out one device already this month.

If you haven't succeeded the one device change per calendar month, then yes the way to go is via My Account > Manage Devices (Only use live chat if you have reached the limit and can't make any further device changes until next month and explain to them what's happened and depending on the circumstances they will possibly help you out by freeing up a device slot).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

windows 7 here, so no option to use windows store.

amd 290x, latest drivers

Capture.PNG

still broken as of 13/July/2017.  it's been over a month since this was reorted with no sign of a proper fix.  installing one from the windows store isn't a proper fix - the one i'm prompted to download via the website should work as-is.

do you need any more information from me?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I don't watch NowTV on my PC, but i have read that some members are getting more success using Windows Internet Explorer with Silverlight rather than using the NowTV Player option on their Windows PC.

Might be worth trying.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/google-chrome-silverlight-compatibility 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wasn't prompted to update my Leisure partition with a new version of the web download. So Im not trying to fix anything that aint broke :D.

For the moment at least. I dont know why 2 partitions both installed with same version of windows 10 don't do the same thing but work partition has a lot of technical programmy type stuff on it, so that may have broken something. But anyway, thanks if Ive been given a device back. hopefully I won't need it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-DHi Tony,

I'm experiencing the same issue as everyone else has described, please can you confirm that the only way to fix this is to download the app from Windows?  OR will the problem be fixed?

I have 4 devices and all get used an when reading the FAQ's it states I cannot delete the most recently added device which is the one I am having problems with trying to watch using Firefox.

Please can you advise?

Many Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOT TO WORRY!

It allowed me to delete my most recent device.

All is well! Back to the TV, phew!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is *still* broken for me, there was an update to the player but the issue has still not been resolved.

Please help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem, won't work through IE and silverlight, or firefox or chrome and the now tv app that it keeps telling me I need.

Same error and I note that despite saying the windows store app will work (it doesn't for me) it doesn't negate the fact that it worked prior to the latest update.

When are we likely to see a fix please team?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D

I have an Intel graphics card in my laptop, an Iris 6100.

When I try to watch NowTV, the CPU usage goes up to 30% and then once the error message pops up, it gradually reduces to below 5%.

I have downloaded the NowTV app from the Windows Store and it thankfully, it works. I have to say that I would rather log in and use NowTV via Firefox - it's just more convenient for me - but the stand alone, Windows Store version of the player will do for me for now.

Thanks

Stuart