cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why have you stopped supporting Firefox.

Sorry – Mozilla Firefox no longer supports watching NOW TV on this device

We're working on something shiny and new for you, but in the meantime you can still watch NOW TV using Internet Explorer.

Surley the "shiney and new" thing should be rolled out so there is no break in me using Firefox

37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks but the help file does not mention the restriction on browsers.  IE crashes repeatedly as soon as it is loaded, it looks to be up to date (v11) but I haven't used it for over a decade so don't really know what the issue is. Therefore Firefox on windows 7 is my only means of accessing content and now TV are pushing me towards other sources of live sport

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mawsenio, I was on here a couple of weeks or so ago with the same problem and complaint.

I couldn't get IE to work at all with my Windows 7; the answer, pointed out to me by someone on the thread I'd started, was to download a browser called Pale Moon. It started life as part of the Firefox empire, behaves and looks like it, and I've been watching the football from NOW on it without a hitch since downloading it. (I've stuck with FF for everything else.)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv are totally incompetent. I downloaded the Now tv app from Microsoft afor Windows 10. I also have internet explorer as my browser, both they recommend both ! within 10 minutes the Newc,/ Liverpool game was cut off saying there was a licencing issue( 1006) I immediately went on their Live chat and talked to an incompetent advisor wh told me to download Firefox !!!??? bloody ridiculous. I assume Sky are cutting the service off... talk about having your cake and eating it. This is the second time this has happened. No one at Now Tv will answer the questionas to who is intercepting the programme and cutting it off !

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User on edge there are three dots. You can click that to access internet explorer. Then save that to your task bar. The app is recommended but if you want to try ie this should help.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It tells me that I can use explorer and gives me the option to download it.I already have it installed but it doesnt seem to recognise it.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

From what I understand, support for viewing the NOW TV service via an Internet Browser is in the process of being withdrawn. As currently only Internet Explorer supports the Silverlight plug-in (which itself is no longer actively supported by Microsoft).

For computer users running Windows 8.1 (or higher), you will need to install the NOW TV Windows app

After installing the NOW TV Player app, it is advisable to completely remove the (now redundant) Silverlight plug-in from your computer. It is also advisable to remove any unnecessarily browsers you may have had to install in order to view the NOW TV service in the past.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to make everyone aware, yes you can use Firefox ESR or a fork like Palemoon, but bear in mind Microsoft doesn't support Silverlight on anything but IE, leaving you potentially exposed to security vunerabilities as they are not obliged to release any updates or fixes.

Support here

https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/locale/en-us/html/installation-win-SL5.html

Using a single browser/Silverlight combination just to access NowTV is fine, but dont use that browser as your daily driver as you expose yourself to increased risk of vunerabilities (unless its IE)

My recommendation would be to stick to IE for NowTV and use a modern browser (Edge, Chome or Firefox) as your daily browser

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this a joke? Netflix and Amazon prime are able to work on Google Chrome so how is it that Sky with its vast resources are not able to make a compatible streaming site? It doesn't work on Chrome, Edge, Firefox... what kind of pathetic joke of a streaming service are you running? This is 2017 so there's really no excuse other than Sky's tech team (and the business leaders who made the decisions to use silverlight only) are utterly incompetent or worse unqualified to do their job.

Sky, the company of yesterday; always looking backwards.