cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why can I still not watch now tv on Windows 10 or mac. This service sucks.

Still can't watch on win 10 laptop or macbook pro.  

Why do I even bother to continue paying for this crap service,  If I didn't have a ps3 I wouldnt even be able to watch nowtv.....

Months have passed and you still not fixxed issues. We should not have to try and figure out how to solve these problems, maybe your techs should get off thier lazy A$$es and earn thier money. Its been over 3 months now

WHY?

I guess you have your money so you don't care.

If this is not resolved by the end of march I am never going to pay for your service again, and I will Just start stealing sky tv

4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

From what I understand, support for viewing the NOW TV service via an Internet Browser is in the process of being withdrawn. As currently only a few browsers support the Silverlight plug-in (which itself is no longer supported by Microsoft).

For computer users running Windows 8.1 (or higher), you will need to install the NOW TV Windows app. And for Mac users you will need to install the new 'NOW TV Player' app (please refer to the following 'Help Centre' article: NOW TV Mac app).

After installing either of the above mentioned new NOW TV Player apps, it is advisable to completely remove the (now redundant) Silverlight plug-in from your computer. It is also advisable to remove any unnecessarily browsers you may have had to install in order to view the NOW TV service in the past.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No wonder apple is doing so well. No problems viewing Sky on iPad but why so difficult using win?  And why do you continue to sell sky passes to watch events when the software is so unreliable... or demands unreasonable tech skills to operate.  Either admit it doesn't work in all cases when selling it or get it working consistently. Anything else is just another scam. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using the windows app, straight from the windows store. Its been almost a year, I have tried updating and re-downlading many times. All my video is staggered. I have a 32gig i7gaming computer, with 80 mb fiber connection. And yet when i try customer service all they tell me is that its probably my connection or perhaps my pc. Netflix and amazon work fine, so do my animation software and my high graphics, process heavy, massively multiplayer online games.

I think I have waited too long for a fix, and I will cancel my subscription soon. This is really unacceptable at this point.  

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am using the windows app, straight from the windows store. Its been almost a year, I have tried updating and re-downlading many times. All my video is staggered. I have a 32gig i7gaming computer, with 80 mb fiber connection. And yet when i try customer service all they tell me is that its probably my connection or perhaps my pc. Netflix and amazon work fine, so do my animation software and my high graphics, process heavy, massively multiplayer online games.

I think I have waited too long for a fix, and I will cancel my subscription soon. This is really unacceptable at this point.  

@Anonymous User How many monitors do you have? Can you check the resource usage when running the NOW TV App? What exact processor do you have? And what resolution is your monitor running at?