cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Virus when installing NowTV update with Firefox

Hi there,

I have to download an update of the NowTV player for my PC (Windows 10), and I have tried twice and both times my antivirus software flags up TrojanMSIL.Crypt.dnri as a threat. When I agree to delete this file the download fails.

Could anyone tell me what I could do about this or whether there's an issue with the update?

Thanks,

Schneids

54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I activate the NOW TV Player I get a pop-up window saying there is an update.

When I download the update file my Kaspersky security software identifies the NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Windows.exe file as containing the malware Trojan.MSIL.Crypt.dnri file and quarantines it.

No update means no viewing !

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

When I activate the NOW TV Player I get a pop-up window saying there is an update.

When I download the update file my Kaspersky security software identifies the NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Windows.exe file as containing the malware Trojan.MSIL.Crypt.dnri file and quarantines it.

No update means no viewing !

Hi @Anonymous User Seems like it could be a false positive. Had a few cases like this and seems to be only kapersky saying so. Can you drga and drop the file into this engine https://virusdesk.kaspersky.com/?_ga=2.240264775.516391164.1495479959-309433104.1495479958 and see what results come up. Or can you try another virus scanner (personally i recommend Avast Anti-Virus) to scan the file? Thanks 

Tony 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Kaspersky security software has stopped identifying the Now TV Player update as containing malware.

So update successful and normal service is resumed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't install the Now TV Player at all due to Kaspersky identifying it as malicious and deleting it.

I have uploaded the file to the Kaspersky VirusDesk.  Result:

File NOW​T​V​P​l​a​y​e​r​I​n​s​t​a​l​l​e​r​-​W​i​n​d​o​w​s​.​exe is infected.

The file is unsafe to keep, use or send.

Send to the Antivirus Lab

The file has been sent for analysis to the Antivirus Lab.

Scan result
File is infected
Detected threats
Trojan.MSIL.Crypt.dnri
File size
1.34 MB
File type
PE32/EXE_MANAGED_ASSEMBLY
Scan date
May 29 2017 20:50:50
Databases release date
May 29 2017 19:30:37 UTC
MD5
9601b6e757ce0a5178d78ed053e825f1
SHA1
9ac53cdc00a8fae18904a7c635c4781e75d82788
SHA256
32563445197c1251e7e8babd83f98ff7890d35ae4d0cd915ffc328a29cd7d1b8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AVG detecting player as virus too

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I realise this thread is oiut of date but as the last poster was today and I have the same problem I am posting here. AVG is also flagging the latest update as Malware. I'm not keen to override it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

norton also flagging update as malware

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Avast also blocking. Cancelling my subscription, as the hassle in resolving this and the trust issues are just not worth it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My AVG is also reporting Malware when attempting to update.