cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Virus when installing NowTV update with Firefox

Hi there,

I have to download an update of the NowTV player for my PC (Windows 10), and I have tried twice and both times my antivirus software flags up TrojanMSIL.Crypt.dnri as a threat. When I agree to delete this file the download fails.

Could anyone tell me what I could do about this or whether there's an issue with the update?

Thanks,

Schneids

54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please could you restore streaming without the need to install your player?  There is a virus (Trojan.MSIL.Crypt.dnri) reported by ZoneAlarm.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As mentioned here by @Tony-D (of NOW TV) the 'Trojan.MSIL.Crypt.dnri' flag your anti-virus software is reporting is a 'false positive'...

From what I understand, the NOW TV Player app is hosted on Microsoft's servers, which are regularly virus scanned.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancelled my subscription.  It's not acceptable for software like this to get flagged up as a possible virus, as it would only take a short time to reprogram it from scratch with something harmless, open source and unvirused like FFMpeg - or to switch back to the online streaming.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there

I also use Kaspersky and it's telling me that there's a trojan in the file and deleting it for me - I'm perfectly happy with that, Kaspersky has kept me virus-free for at least 4 years.

But it also worries me that no one in this thread (apart from us concerned users) is at all concerned that 2 different virus scanners are flagging this software. If this software is indeed safe why is NowTV not contacting the anti-virus companies and working out why it's being flagged.

I'm afraid I'm not going to let NowTV force me to install questionable software on my computer in order to use a service I pay for, when streaming through browsers has been working fine. Do Amazon and Netflix force you to install any software? Nope. So why should NowTV?

I watch the majority of my NowTV on my Windows 7 PC, but as the accepted browsers are dwindling, I am finding it harder and harder to actually watch any NowTV at all.

P.S. Plus as of 4 days after the original post above, Kaspersky is still flagging the software!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I've downloaded NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Windows.exe and Kaspersky deleted it instantly because it contains a trojan: Trojan.MSIL.Crypt.dnri

Please check your apps.

Carolina

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I too am getting the player for Windows (using Firefox, same with Edge) flagged up as a virus by Kaspersky. Any idea how to make this work, I'd like to watch what I have just paid for!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I too am getting the player for Windows (using Firefox, same with Edge) flagged up as a virus by Kaspersky. Any idea how to make this work, I'd like to watch what I have just paid for!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just tried again, and Kaspersky is still picking up Malware!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

We can confirm that the app does not have a virus and was being flagged as a false positive. We have now resolved the issue.

You can download the latest installer here:

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Windows.exe

Keep up the good work of flagging these issues to us!

Many thanks,

Nico

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, still not working. Different to last night though. It'll let me download the file, but not open it, still says it contains malware or a trojan. Is this anything to do with the thread at the top of the page titled

Issue watching NOW TV following a device change 29/5/2017

?

Would really like to get this sorted!!! Why pay for a service I can't use?!