cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Video Failed to Play message in Win 10 app

Hi, after ALL my browsers now not playing Now TV I have downloaded the app.  This is on Windows 10.

The app opens fine and I can log in fine but I can't actually play any videos.  Instead, I get the message 'video failed to play. Try again' come up over and over again.

Any ideas?  I've tried reinstalling the app but beyond that I'm not sure what else to do.

Cheers

Paul 4201

5 REPLIES 5
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, after ALL my browsers now not playing Now TV I have downloaded the app.  This is on Windows 10.

The app opens fine and I can log in fine but I can't actually play any videos.  Instead, I get the message 'video failed to play. Try again' come up over and over again.

Any ideas?  I've tried reinstalling the app but beyond that I'm not sure what else to do.

Cheers

Paul 4201

Hi @Anonymous User

If you're using a desktop PC. Note that you cannot be using VGA as your display interface the NowTV app requires high bandwidth Digital content protection (HDCP) compliance in order to play video.

If you're using a laptop. The laptop you're using must be quoted as having HD display in order to support HDCP. You're not trying to use a laptop with an external monitor/TV are you?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I'm using a laptop with a HD display.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

I'm using a laptop with a HD display.

Hi @Anonymous User

In that case, it's likely a video driver issue. Best thing to try is to install the latest video drivers for your laptop.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @commanda6,

I'm having the same problem as @Anonymous User except I'm using a laptop with external HD TV.  Is it not possible to fix the problem so that I can actually use my external monitor? Do I just have to accept using my Xbox instead? =(

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Sophie.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @commanda6,

I'm having the same problem as @Anonymous User except I'm using a laptop with external HD TV.  Is it not possible to fix the problem so that I can actually use my external monitor? Do I just have to accept using my Xbox instead? =(

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Sophie.

Hi @Anonymous User

is it an Xbox one that you have?

If it is your probably get a better experience viewing on Xbox one, then you would on desktop PC/laptop PC to be honest. The reason being is that Xbox one has an 'allow 50 Hz' function . This means that NowTV's 50 Hz content will be output at 50 Hz rather than being converted to 60 Hz, converting 50 Hz content to 60 Hz often causes motion judder and in some cases a blurry picture.

You All PCs will by default output content at 60 Hz, which means NowTV's content will be converted to 60 Hz. If you're using a PC and depending on what hardware your PC has you can't always change the output settings to 50 Hz

Just make sure you have enabled the allow 50 Hz function go to the display and audio output settings on your Xbox one > video output > advanced > 'allow 50 Hz'