cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Verification

For the past few logins on my laptop I keep getting a verification code to type in.  Seriously just why?  Why do you need to verify that I am a real person, especially when it is my usual laptop I am using.

It is just plain stupid and annoying, and thank heavens I don't have any eyesight issues.

9 REPLIES 9
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  are you using Chrome?  I randomly get it when using the website.  There is no rhyme or reason that I can see for it.  I suspect it is due to Chrome updating.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using Chrome but it never used to do it, but now it is every single time.

About time Now TV sorted their website out, I really doubt it is because of Chrome updating.  Bad enough with the device limit errors despite my laptop being registered.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am using Chrome but it never used to do it, but now it is every single time.

About time Now TV sorted their website out, I really doubt it is because of Chrome updating.  Bad enough with the device limit errors despite my laptop being registered.

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to jump in here @4268

Have you tried clearing your browser cookies and cache? The NowTV website can get a bit temperamental with chrome, particularly if Google Chrome is cache and cookies haven't been cleared in a long time. I've had the clear browser cache and cookies in Google Chrome at least twice in the past two or three years, so that the NowTV website works properly in Google Chrome

When in Google Chrome press the icon on the far right with the three dots, 'then select settings', then select 'advanced' then select 'clear browsing data'. You'll be given a number of options as to what you want to delete the two things that would. help with the NowTV website functioning correctly are 'cookies and other site data' and 'Cached images and files. Just make sure you don't delete your saved passwords that can be a bit annoying if you end up doing that by accident. Trust me, I've done it

I hope this helpsSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done pretty much everything, not my machine that is the problem (which Now TV seems to think is always the case).

It's a nuisance, and Now TV's problem.  

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User one last question. Do you have any ad blockers running in your browser? If you do disable them and then give it a try

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Never had issues with ad blocker, and as if that is going to cause issues with regards to silly verification codes.  

If Ad Blocker was going to cause issues, it would for example like WWE Network would stop videos playing completely.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Never had issues with ad blocker, and as if that is going to cause issues with regards to silly verification codes.  

If Ad Blocker was going to cause issues, it would for example like WWE Network would stop videos playing completely.

Not necessarily @Anonymous User . It all depends on how particular functions on website are coded/accomplished you would be surprised what  ad blockers can interfere with

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do know what ad blocker can and can't do, and as I've already said it makes zero difference.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Jump away @commanda6
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.