cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

(T6036) - Graphics card driver issues

I am not able to watch any content on my surface pro windows 10 tablet. I usually log in through IE and not Edge and it works fine.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Silverlite and keep getting this same error message.  (T6036) - Graphics card driver issues.

This is clearly not a graphics card issue as I have the latest driver and my machine is almost brand new. Any thoughts please?

111 REPLIES 111
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried what I posted last year?

I managed to fix this issue for myself sometime ago by installing the Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10.

You might want to try the below link to ensure that it is installed;

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same   poblem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi guys, just though i contributed to this since after reading the posts i have my W10 HP working:

First install silverligh: https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx

Install Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

update your display driver trhough graphics Properties/adapter/properties/driver/ update driver: 

Restart.

Download or OPen Now TV app.

enjoy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

or play within the firefox browser. 🙂

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Silverlight and the now TV Windows app are completely separate entities. It will have been updating the graphics drivers that fixed the issue. There have been numerous reports of graphics drivers not updating correctly when people upgrade to Windows 10 which means they have to manually update them afterwards, which is what you did here.

By the way, the use of Silverlight is not recommended with Windows 10 I would recommend you use the now TV Windows app to watch now TV on your PC from now on.

You get 720p HD (on demand content) through the windows app, so there's no reason to stick with Silverlight

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dont really know why or how but installing silverlight got rid of the error message but it still didnt play, and then after installing firefox it started playing. I probably wouldnt have needed to update the graphic driver!!!?. will never know...

just saying try these and i might work for some... 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updating the Graphics driver was the first thing i did and it did not work for me....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've already posted in another thread but I thought I'd add to this one as well in case anyone has a solution. I just joined Now TV and I'm unable to play any video using the Now TV app in Windows 10. I believe it uses the Microsoft Silverlight software and I can't get that to work anywhere on my PC. HP laptop, Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0.14393, Intel HD Graphics 5500 (up to date). Microsoft Silverlight (64-bit) Version: 5.1.50901.0. I've tried the Microsoft registry fix for Silverlight corruption and it makes no difference. I've run sfc /scannow. I'm pretty sure my laptop is virus-free (Sophos A/V, SpyShelter Premium, MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware et al). I'm at the end of my tether as I'm getting nowhere.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I just joined Now TV and I'm unable to play any video using the Now TV app in Windows 10. I believe it uses the Microsoft Silverlight software...

Actually no @Anonymous User. The NOW TV 'app' does not require Silverlight...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I just joined Now TV and I'm unable to play any video using the Now TV app in Windows 10. I believe it uses the Microsoft Silverlight software...

Actually no @Anonymous User. The NOW TV 'app' does not require Silverlight...

Cheers

In that case, why won't it play any video content?

David