cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated Windows 10 to latest version and now my PC is no longer a registered NowTV device

I installed the latest Windows 10 patch on my 2 upstairs PC's and they suddenly stopped being a registered device on Nowtv. So I removed what I thought was one of these upstairs PC's from my registered list and added it back again, so that one is now OK again. But my other upstairs PC is no longer registered and I can't use the service on this one now because I've used up my allowance of 1 addition per month! Also, to make matters worse, when I removed what I thought was one of the upstairs PCs from my registered list I'd actually removed my downstairs PC (which had been working fine as I hadn't yet installed the latest Windows 10 patch!). So out of 3 previously working PC's only one now works on the NowTV service!

Do you expect us to never install any patches? Please resolve this so I can carry on using my service. Also, how to get my 2 other PC back on the service?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Quickest way to sort iis to have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can reset your devices for you. To get there go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

and click the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of it (not the How to Contact Us link right at the bottom as that takes you somewhere else) then choose the Live Chat option on the next page.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Quickest way to sort iis to have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can reset your devices for you. To get there go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

and click the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of it (not the How to Contact Us link right at the bottom as that takes you somewhere else) then choose the Live Chat option on the next page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Andy

On Saturday I updated this laptop to new version of Windows 10 and app runs fine and device date stayed at 3rd August when I first installed Windows 10.

Strange

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I used Live chat and sorted this now. They gave me a couple of new chances to register my devices and I've now got my 2 PC's up and running again on the service.

This was the first really big Windows 10 update (a bit like the old service pack updates).

Bit worried now though if I install another large patch for Windows 10 that they'll become unregistered again!

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

As you say, a really large update - took a total of 4 hours on this laptop.

Guess I was lucky that nothing to do with NowTV was affected.