cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to Watch NOW TV on Windows Laptop

Hello

I have just registered for NOW TV. With my account I can watch NOW TV fine on my Android phone and my LG TV.

However when I try on my laptop (Windows 7, Firefox) it does not work. I click to play a film, I see a message that it is obtaining a licence to play the video, then the following message appears, at the top of the screen in red:

"There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments."

I have tried waiting some time then trying again. I have also tried rebooting the laptop.

Hope someone can help

42 REPLIES 42
Steve2334
Scholar

I have a similar problem, I'm using IE but everytime I press on the full screen button it freezes/crashes. I then have to close the window and start again. Anyone have any ideas please? I seem to remember I had the same problem with Netflix a while back but dont use that anymore..

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Steve2334,

Thanks for posting.

Have you tried using Firefox to see if you get the same result at all?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Steve2334
Scholar

I did a live chat with NowTv and they suggested downloading Firefox - it now works fine - thanks.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can you tell me if this happens on everything you watch? could you also tell me if you connect to the Internet via any kind of VPN or hotspot? also note that if you are outside the UK you won't be able to access the service.

If this is all correct please also ensure nothing is connected to the PC like a soundsystem or TV, secondary monitor as this might cause a problem.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Simon

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried a couple of other movies (I have a two month trial movie pass) and have the same problem.

I connect directly to my wifi network at home (via wireless). I have since tried on a different  wifi network and receive exactly the same message.

I am in the UK (Oxfordshire).

No, there is nothing at all connected to my laptop.

Additionally, I have since tried with Internet Explorer, with the same result.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Patrick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have had the same problem today joined now wont let me watch anythingg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have tried on fire fox too there is a message that come up (unable to issue a licence to play protected video c1010/6024/c4110 hope this helps thanks ben

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Try using the NOW TV app instead of a browser.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I still have the same problem - Now TV fails on my PC with "There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments."

Anyone any ideas? If it doesn't work on the PC then it's not much use to me - I really need something that works on the PC, when other family members are using the TV.

Thanks

Patrick