cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's an error connecting............... Service updates can be found on our community.

Keep getting "There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments. Service updates can be found on our community." when I try to play anyhing on my PC no explanation and i can not see any service update to assist.

Thanks Rob

42 REPLIES 42
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you try the advise @bacillus suggested?  - if you do have any kind of VPN set up or you connect to a corporate network you may have problems.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem after spending an hour struggloing through Silverlight compatibility, devicer registration, and now this.  Now TV is not available on Microsoft store so I guess I'm just stuck.  What an intense disappointment this is!

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to download the NOW TV app. 

Can you please let me know what operating system you are running? 

Do you experience this issue on any other device? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this in the app or on the PC?
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Sounds like for PC.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you not get that error on the Windows 8/10 app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, ello Customer Service,

I am on your trial for movies and entertainment. I can't stream anything since I joined on 28th December. I get loading, obtaining licence to play then Silverlight quits and gives the "There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments. Service updates can be found on our community." error message that others have been mentioning.

I have no trouble streaming from *any* other sources. This is not looking good for me subscribing!

Regards,

Rab.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear CS,

If we get no reply on this issue *very soon* I will, for one, be cancelling. Support is just sub-standard. We want to watch especially at this time of year when we have the time to enjoy some extended TV viewing. Not good enough!

Regards,

Rab.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem. Same message. it says something about not beieng able to issue a licence. Also wouldnt work on windows 10 app. uninstalled the app and now cand download it again. So frustrating!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you made sure your graphics card drivers are up to date?