cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

(T6036) - Graphics card driver issues

I am not able to watch any content on my surface pro windows 10 tablet. I usually log in through IE and not Edge and it works fine.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Silverlite and keep getting this same error message.  (T6036) - Graphics card driver issues.

This is clearly not a graphics card issue as I have the latest driver and my machine is almost brand new. Any thoughts please?

111 REPLIES 111
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

Are there any updates on this?  @Anonymous User, yes - my graphics card drivers are the latest.

Closing in on my second NowTV payment and I haven't had any personal use from it...

Kind regards,

Darren

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV WOW you really need to test your stuff on different browsers.  Do you have a technical team?  I'm a professional test engineer having been in the industry for over 15 years and I'd gladly like to help manage your team as you don't seem to have the right people looking at what customers actually use.

I am on windows 10 right now, I usually don't use it on my laptop but thought i'd give it a go.  I understand nowtv boxes/built in tv apps/mobile devices is probably priority but having so much trouble playing on windows with so many browsers available is unexcusable.

It won't work on edge, that should be top priority.

It no longer works on Chrome, it says use firefox or IE.  Ok so I could use IE on Windows 10 but default is edge so it should work on that!

Firefox just sits stuck at loading...Amazing!

If you need a QA manager give me a shout i'd gladly kick your QA team in to action to make it work on edge as a priority.

At this moment in time I cannot use it on my laptop.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

and get your web guys on session refreshes everytime you click refresh it adds a count to the number of views! come on is this the 90s?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User when using Firefox, on the left of the address bar might be a lego piece , click on this and Allow and Remember nowtv.com to run "Silverlight".
You then might need to refresh the page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd advise using the Windows 10 app, I no longer use the web to view on my laptop.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Inoticed you have said about using the latest drivers for your graphics card, this in itself could be the issue.  Is it the latest driver issued by windows update, or the Nvidia website?? I have experienced issues with my desktop reacting badly to Nvidia drivers that are not downloaded through windows update i.e. verfied by windows and had to reinstall to correct issues.  Just a thought anyway 

Regards

Ian

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a brand new Asus X455LF with NVidia VGA but I also get the same message (T6036), although I have got it working previously on a Windows 10 (X453MA) with onboard graphics.

Although it is telling me its my graphic drivers they are up to date and work everywhere else. In my opinion its the fault of the Sky 'so called' technical staff who have not bothered to engineer this product to work on Windows 10 yet, which is a  disgrace.

I agree with the engineer who complains about the lack of browsers on Windows 10 machines which means lack of readiness.

I use Now TV on a 'pay as you go' basis but I shall not use it again until this issues it resolved by THEM.

In my opinion owners of Windows 10 computers should NOT go messing about with their machines because of these incompetent fools.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have a brand new Asus X455LF with NVidia VGA but I also get the same message (T6036), although I have got it working previously on a Windows 10 (X453MA) with onboard graphics.

Although it is telling me its my graphic drivers they are up to date and work everywhere else. In my opinion its the fault of the Sky 'so called' technical staff who have not bothered to engineer this product to work on Windows 10 yet, which is a  disgrace.

I agree with the engineer who complains about the lack of browsers on Windows 10 machines which means lack of readiness.

I use Now TV on a 'pay as you go' basis but I shall not use it again until this issues it resolved by THEM.

In my opinion owners of Windows 10 computers should NOT go messing about with their machines because of these incompetent fools.

Hi @Anonymous User

If you're using Silverlight. It isn't really officially supported on Windows 10.

If you're using Windows 8 or above you can use the now TV Windows 8/10 app instead of Silverlight. This bypasses Silverlight completely, which means you should have far less issues. The app can be downloaded using the Microsoft store on Windows 8/10. It is downloaded and installed free of charge, but you will need a Microsoft account.

Be aware that the nowTV app will be seen as a different device by now TVs systems. So if you have four devices in your account. You would need to remove one of them

Another bonus of the Windows 8 app is that you get 720p HD on demand.

If you run into into device management issues live chat might sort this out for you. If you explain the problems you've been having with Silverlight and the fact that you have Windows 8\10

To get to live chat click here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "contact us" and then click "live chat".

Although you mention that you're using VGA as your video interface  This might cause problems with the Windows app because VGA does not support HDCP in order to support HDCP you need to be using DVI, HDMI or display port. If I remember correctly the app won't even start. If the hardware you're using doesn't support HDCP. Someone from nowTV will correct me on that if I'm wrong.

I've just looked up your laptop model and it does have HDMI port. If the display/TV you're using doesn't have enough HDMI ports, then you can use a HDMI switcher

http://www.notebook-driver.com/specs/asus-x455lf-laptop-tech-specs/

Link for HDMI switcher

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-HDS3-Switch-output-Switcher/dp/B0020426AG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1456153045&sr=8-3&keywords=HDMI+switcher

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

If you're using Silverlight. It isn't really officially supported on Windows 10.

If you're using Windows 8 or above you can use the now TV Windows 8/10 app instead of Silverlight. This bypasses Silverlight completely, which means you should have far less issues. The app can be downloaded using the Microsoft store on Windows 8/10. It is downloaded and installed free of charge, but you will need a Microsoft account.

Be aware that the nowTV app will be seen as a different device by now TVs systems. So if you have four devices in your account. You would need to remove one of them

Another bonus of the Windows 8 app is that you get 720p HD on demand.

If you run into into device management issues live chat might sort this out for you. If you explain the problems you've been having with Silverlight and the fact that you have Windows 8\10

To get to live chat click here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "contact us" and then click "live chat".

Although you mention that you're using VGA as your video interface  This might cause problems with the Windows app because VGA does not support HDCP in order to support HDCP you need to be using DVI, HDMI or display port. If I remember correctly the app won't even start. If the hardware you're using doesn't support HDCP. Someone from nowTV will correct me on that if I'm wrong.

I've just looked up your laptop model and it does have HDMI port. If the display/TV you're using doesn't have enough HDMI ports, then you can use a HDMI switcher

http://www.notebook-driver.com/specs/asus-x455lf-laptop-tech-specs/

Link for HDMI switcher

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-HDS3-Switch-output-Switcher/dp/B0020426AG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1456153045&sr=8-3&keywords=HDMI+switcher

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Hi @Anonymous User

I just realised the link for the now TV help page wasn't active in my last reply. I do apologise. The suitable link is below

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have Widows 10 too and downloaded the NowTv app but keep getting a problem message yhat says unable to play video. I have updated every driver on my pc including Silverlight. I have used the checker to see if everything on my pc is compatible and it says yes I am good to go!! Error code (c0262500) is displayed. I have tried online chat but they can't help. They have said I will hear from a tech expert, but when? I see others have the same problem, can anyone help me please?