Occasional Poster

T6036 Error Code

Had this error code come up when trying to watch NowTV on my Windows 10 laptop (using the website), which signifies a graphics card error - my graphics card driver is completely up-to-date and I even deleted and re-installed Silverlight to no avail. I've tried using the app too and that doesn't work either, giving me the message 'the video failed to play' but with no error code.

Can anyone shed some light on what the error with my graphics card may be? Or why the app isn't working either?

Thanks in advance.

NOW TV Team

Re: T6036 Error Code

EmCos wrote:

Had this error code come up when trying to watch NowTV on my Windows 10 laptop (using the website), which signifies a graphics card error - my graphics card driver is completely up-to-date and I even deleted and re-installed Silverlight to no avail. I've tried using the app too and that doesn't work either, giving me the message 'the video failed to play' but with no error code.

Can anyone shed some light on what the error with my graphics card may be? Or why the app isn't working either?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @EmCos I too have had this same problem and there is very little know about fixing this. I gave up in the end but today we can try and find out the cause and solution together. My thinking is it could be audio related.  Sometimes there can be a glitch with the actual screen on your latop not being HDCP compliant (security feature for watching licensed contnet) I'll take some time after my break to have a look at this issue in depth. 

Occasional Poster

Let me know what you find; I've been trying to watch it on a TV too via my laptop, to no avail. It works on my phone as the iOS app is sound, but I'll be cancelling my membership if this isn't sorted as a phone screen hardly results in the best viewing experience! Hope you can help

Highlighted
Elite 5

Hi @EmCos,

Given that you have Windows 10 installed on your computer, the most future-proof way to view the NOW TV service is by installing the NOW TV Windows app. As it does not require a web browser or Silverlight plug-in.

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer just like you!

NOW TV Box = Model no: Smart box | Software: 7.0 Build: 4221 | NOW TV app: 3.8.71 • LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 32LN575V | Software: 04.28.14 | OS: NetCast •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.15.3 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Occasional Poster

As mentioned, I have tried using the app too but just receive a non-specific error message, so unsure why this doesn't work