Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stuck with update message

I tried to log in on my laptop today, this screen appeared

I clicked the Update now link & got this

I clicked get the app & this came up

When I clicked Launch, it just took me back to the first screen saying I need to update.

I'm just going round in circles.  Exit takes me out of the app, the back button won't work & the only other option is update, which starts the whole circle off again.

Now TV is working fine on my TV, but I want to use my laptop like I have countless times in the past.  Help!

17 REPLIES 17
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Okay so you can still go to nowtv.com via Google chrome, sign in click on Entertainment and a show which launches the NOW TV Player and allows you to play out? 

Or do you still encounter this issue? 

Thanks, 

Karl

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F wrote:

Okay so you can still go to nowtv.com via Google chrome, sign in click on Entertainment and a show which launches the NOW TV Player and allows you to play out? 

Or do you still encounter this issue? 

Thanks, 

Karl

@Karl-F I tend to use Firefox with the NowTV player but yes I can access content using NowTV player. I'll try the steps suggested in a bit Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User and @commanda6

Our tech teams have looked into this for us and they've come back with this update. 

They've agreed it's not the most straight forward process but please let me know how you get on:

1. Select 'Update now'
2. Select 'Get the app'
3. Choose 'Open Store'
4. Select 'Updates' in the top right corner
5. It'll then show all apps that have updates, select 'Install' and it will install the latest updates

Thanks, 

Karl

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User and @commanda6

Our tech teams have looked into this for us and they've come back with this update. 

They've agreed it's not the most straight forward process but please let me know how you get on:

1. Select 'Update now'
2. Select 'Get the app'
3. Choose 'Open Store'
4. Select 'Updates' in the top right corner
5. It'll then show all apps that have updates, select 'Install' and it will install the latest updates

Thanks, 

Karl

Hi @Karl-F 

Still no luck. I can't even get the Windows store app to install now, let alone update. The issue is affecting both my desktop and my laptop. There's definitely something weird going on because I am able to install and update other apps with no issues. It only appears to be NowTV that affected. I wonder if that information is of any help to you guys?

It's not too much of an issue and to be LG TV sits just behind me to the right. So if I want to get more concrete information on content expiry dates or quickly search the content library. I can just use that. I find the search function on the website a bit temperamental.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know @commanda6

I've passed this back to our teams to look into further, as soon as we have an update I shall let you know. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F wrote:

Thanks for letting me know @commanda6

I've passed this back to our teams to look into further, as soon as we have an update I shall let you know. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

Hi @Karl-F

I can now install and use the Windows store app again. So either you guys on Microsoft must have done somethingSmiley Happy

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome news @commanda6

Thanks for letting me know. 

If anyone else is now able to perform this update please post in the thread below.

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having exactly the same issue tried everything suggested but no joy. and like others after i select get the app there is no open store option? typical this happening as GOT starts nightmare