Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something's not right

When trying to watch on a windows 8 tablet I get the message

'The video failed to play try again'

followed by:-

Something's not right. A problem is preventing playback. Please try again or visit NOWTV.com/help. (88890001)'

I have reinstalled the app, signed in and out. The device is showing in my account.

Help would be appreciated

16 REPLIES 16
fishyuk
Mentor

I'm getting the same issue. Windows 10 tablet ( HP Pro Tablet 608) fully up to date as of this post, NowTV app  App 1.10.0.1

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @fishyuk

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV via our Community. 

Can you please let us know if you experience this issue on any other device? 

Have you tried resetting your router and checked the location settings on your tablet? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I've been having the same problem for a week now and it's only on my laptop which is running Windows 10. It's works fine on my Microsoft Surface pro which is running on Windows 8 and also the iPad, iPhone 6 and my Galaxy S6. So not really sure if it's the Windows 10 thats causing the app to malfunction or it's something going on with the servers.

fishyuk
Mentor

Hi Karl, not on another device as yet. It manifested on all my streaming apps (but not desktop based protected streaming). Microsoft Film and TV explicitly called out no audio device present despite audio working fine outside of protected content apps. I checked my Conexant audio codec and Intel SST Audio were all up to date and they were.

The following fixed it for me (The DWORD was in my registry but was set to 1, changing to 0 and rebooting fixed NowTV etc).

1. Got to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio]
2. Right Click, then new, then DWORD (32-bit) Value
3. Then name it: DisableProtectedAudioDG
4. Then Double Click onto the name 
5. It should then already have a 0 in the Value Data field. If it doesn't, you can simply change the value to 0
6. Then press Ok

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you, this is just a quick email to let you know we're still looking into your issue and will be back in contact shortly.

Again I apologise for the inconvenience but in the meantime if you have any other questions or queries please let us know.

Kind regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey All, 

When you see an error code like that one in playback, "(88890001)" Those are microsoft errors if you type in your operating system and that error code number in Google. There are tons of posts where people have figured out the problem, with solutions to try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem and i can't find a way, NOWTV could you please help i'm using windows 10 and i got it from the windows store so please try to help. Thank you Bye.