Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something's not right

When trying to watch on a windows 8 tablet I get the message

'The video failed to play try again'

followed by:-

Something's not right. A problem is preventing playback. Please try again or visit NOWTV.com/help. (88890001)'

I have reinstalled the app, signed in and out. The device is showing in my account.

Help would be appreciated

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

I can see that you have already contacted us. 

Please let us know if you need further help 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would be more helpful if the Now tv response was more informative, this has happened in the middle of a movie and cannot resolve. Going to cancell now tv as a waste of time and money.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm very sorry to hear you've had issue with the app. Are you getting the same error code as above? Have you tried deleting and then re-installing the app? 

Can you try rebooting your router please. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I use windows 10 and I have the now tv app intalled through app store, It worked fine for about a month, for the last 4 days I cannot watch a thing so I'm paying for a subscription when I can't even watch anything. This is very frustrating, how can I fix this? 88890001

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi I use windows 10 and I have the now tv app intalled through app store, It worked fine for about a month, for the last 4 days I cannot watch a thing so I'm paying for a subscription when I can't even watch anything. This is very frustrating, how can I fix this? 88890001

Hi @Anonymous User

When did you last update your graphics drivers? If you got Windows 10 as part of an OS upgrade. Then I recommend that you go and get the latest graphics drivers for your machine and install them because there have been reports of graphics drivers not updating correctly as part of the Windows 10 OS upgrade. If the drivers you can get from your machines manufacturer are old then you should be able to get drivers from the GPU manufacturer. Depending on the GPU that is inside your machine that will be Intel, Nvidia, or AMD

Be aware that if you're using a desktop PC and the display you're using is connected using VGA, then the now TV Windows app will not function because the app requires HDCP compliance, which means you need a display which is connected via DVI, HDMI or display port/mini display port. If you're using a laptop, then any laptop which is quoted as having HD display will be fine if you're connecting the laptop to an external display, then you must be using one of the one of the connection types I mentioned above in bold.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the same message on a windows surface laptop. what do i need to do to fix it??

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to view NOW TV on your device. 

Can you please let me know what operating system you are running on your Laptop? 

Have you experienced this issue on any other device? 

Many Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have a windows 8. Surface 3 laptop

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Can you please try downloading the NOW TV app form the Windows Store? 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team