cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Repeated f20002 errors in Windows app

I'm trying to watch a TV series and at least once an episode I get an "Oh no! Something's gone wrong." screen with error code f20002.  At which point I have to restart the episode and it never remembers where I was up to.  This is on Windows 10 and I have no connection problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Are you running two displays by any chance?

From what I understand, current versions of the NOW app do not support 'multi-monitor' set-ups. See here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Windows-PCs-Laptops/Windows-App-design-flaw/m-p/430811/highlight/true...

Cheers

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hmmm...

The NOW TV service requires a rigid HDCP connection chain. So if there are any devices within the connection chain that are not fully HDCP compliant and/or remove HDCP compliance you wont see any video images!

Sufficed to say, splitting/duplicating NOW TV HDCP protected video signals is a definite no, no...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's no splitting going on.  Even if there was only 1 of the monitors goes through the KVM and neither work.  Further it works for 10 minutes or so before failing which seems like odd behviour if it is HDCP.   That said if it is HDCP then it's just another case of DRM punishing actual customers rather than the pirates (after all they'll just pirate anyway).  Back to the bad old days of crazy CD copyright hacks that just hurt customers with the wrong CD drive.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

There's no splitting going on.  Even if there was only 1 of the monitors goes through the KVM and neither work.  Further it works for 10 minutes or so before failing which seems like odd behviour if it is HDCP.   That said if it is HDCP then it's just another case of DRM punishing actual customers rather than the pirates (after all they'll just pirate anyway).  Back to the bad old days of crazy CD copyright hacks that just hurt customers with the wrong CD drive.

Out of interest, I wonder what would happen if you removed the KVM out of your connection chain and directly connected from your PC's HDMI output port to your BenQ's DVI-D input port?

Sufficed to say, NOW TV (and it's parent Sky) are very serious with regard to pro-actively maintaining all forms copyright protection. 

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User well you can hook up laptops to other displays. Try going to settings in your laptop and reselecting the display just to make sure it hasn't some how decided that the display is a second screen
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.