cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Windows pc, Google Chrome browser, downloaded the app, but nothing happens when I click play.

Hi,

I have a windows pc (latest version of windows). I use google chrome. I signed up for a free entertainment and cinema trial. The website suggested I downloaded the app so I did. 

However when I click play on a movie or boxset, nothing happens. 

Any help?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User are you using the player https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Windows-PCs-Laptops/EARLY-ACCESS-NOW-TV-Player-on-Windows-7-and-above/m-p/424206#M5443 I use it with chrome.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just re-downloaded and tried your link. Still not working. When I click play, zilch happens unfortunately. Thanks for your help though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Mike, you may have downloaded the New version of the nowtv player, which has a technical glitch we are currently working on resolving, to get yourself back to the old player try these steps..

Check you have the broken release

Locate “NOW TV Player” in the apps list of “Apps & Features” in Windows Settings

Verify the version number is 2.1.0.0

To resolve:

1. Uninstall Cisco VideoGuard Player

2. Uninstall NOW TV Player 2.1.0

3. Clear the Cookies on your Web Browser

4. Select some content to play and follow the steps to re download the Player

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nadine,

This nearly worked. Now when I click play, a dialogue box opens which says:

Open New or Don't Open.

However when I click open new nothing happens. Is there a security feature or something that I have to disable?