cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem with full screen on NOW TV Player

Whenever I toggle this new player to full screen the UI never disappears, makes it incredibly pointless to use seeing as it always have a massive pause button and a pair of arrows stuck in the middle of the screen.

Using Windows 7 if that matters.

63 REPLIES 63
Anonymous User
Not applicable

..resolved by using IE.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Mine was doing the same, I changed my desktop background settings as my background was set to change the picture every minute. Changed it to 1 day and now the ap doesnt put the pause menu up!

Sort this out Now TV its a bit silly!

Sorted! Thank you so much, it was really annoying me! Changed my background settings to change every 1 day instead of 1 minute and it's completely stopped. It's a weird glitch!! Thanks for the advice 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this problem, Windows 7 laptop.  Screensaver is disabled, standard windows desktop background (no changing photos).  

This is hugely annoying, if it does not get fixed I will be cancelling.  

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User do you have access to a TV with HDMI port? Can you try connecting to that and having the TV as your monitor. Please note that it must be your only monitor or it will not work. See if that makes a difference.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm afraid I only have the laptop, so I can't try that.  Sorry.  

My only workaround at the moment is to maximise the window (rather than using the full screen button) and move the mouse to the window bar at the top of the screen.  It's not ideal, but the best I've found.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User This is something we will look into thanks for bringing this to us. Keep an eye out on this post we wil post here once we get a way of helping.

Ryan M Now Tv Team 🙂

@Anonymous User wrote:

I also have this problem, Windows 7 laptop.  Screensaver is disabled, standard windows desktop background (no changing photos).  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User This is something we will look into thanks for bringing this to us. Keep an eye out on this post we wil post here once we get a way of helping.

Ryan M Now Tv Team 🙂

@Anonymous User wrote:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue still.

Windows 7. Screensaver off. Desktop static. Mouse wired and not an issue with other media players.

Not tried silverlight yet.

I get rid of the player menu by maximising the player window (not full screen) and moving the mouse cursor to the windows task bar at the bottom. This is annoying as the task bar is often the brightest thing on the screen. Please fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing the desktop background image rotation fixed this issue for me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silverlight worked fine for me in the past. The player and its functions should work without having to alter any p c settings, Thats just unacceptable.

NOW TV should post problems like this on there main webpage so people know before commiting themselves to purchase.

Bought entertainment pass couple of hours ago to watch game of thrones, Unwatchable in full screen with u.i. poping up every minute for 2 seconds,

Now cancelled entertainment pass and will be contacting now tv for a full refund tomorrow due to faulty service.

Another "one" bragging top reviews for a pathetic service.