cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem with full screen on NOW TV Player

Whenever I toggle this new player to full screen the UI never disappears, makes it incredibly pointless to use seeing as it always have a massive pause button and a pair of arrows stuck in the middle of the screen.

Using Windows 7 if that matters.

64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So where is the fix?????? I have been using Now TV for over a year on my Windows 8.1 PC and just 2 days ago when trying to watch a movie - I was unable to watch it and was directed to download the NOW TV Player APP. As there appeared to be no other way to watch the movie I downloaded the APP only to find that when loaded it has become impossible to select a full screen to watch the movie and the menu button shows directly in the middle of the screen.

I have since found out that this problem appears to have been around for a very long time. SO WHERE IS THE FIX?????   

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My first post here having just bought the pass for a year for movies and tv. Works perfectly on my PS4 but is garbage on my pc. Windows 10.1, great big pause button comes up every minute or so.

Absolute joke.

@Anonymous Userwrote:

So where is the fix?????? I have been using Now TV for over a year on my Windows 8.1 PC and just 2 days ago when trying to watch a movie - I was unable to watch it and was directed to download the NOW TV Player APP. As there appeared to be no other way to watch the movie I downloaded the APP only to find that when loaded it has become impossible to select a full screen to watch the movie and the menu button shows directly in the middle of the screen.

I have since found out that this problem appears to have been around for a very long time. SO WHERE IS THE FIX?????   

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS??

Monkeh
Mentor

Getting beyond a joke now when watching on my pc when I am in the man cave.  Every match, cricket or football. If you can't be bothered to fix it, Then goodbye. I will leave.  

RoyB
Legend

@Monkeh 

There’s recently been a whole new browser-only UI, which the posters in this five-year-old thread you have tacked you posting onto could only dream about.

But you are not the first to miss how you get full screen with it.

See this posting of mine for the solution:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Watch-NOW-from-your-browser/m-p/606532/highlight/true#M8767

and then maybe read the whole thread, to get yourself fully up to date with the other improvements made.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

Sure, I believe you same as Biden is honest and there is a climate crisis. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem for me. Windows7 but I believe this is also the case on Windows10. It is as though there is intermittent mouse movement or keyboard input resulting in the UI, (bottom scroll bar, mid-screen pause button and 10 second rewind/forward buttons, volume and window button) contiually appearing and disappearing automaically at random. This of course makes viewing in this mode impossible.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Both, 

Are you moving the mouse at all? or are you using a wireless mouse? 

You may want to try disconnecting the mouse while you watch the episode to see if this helps. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here with a wired mouse (Windows 10), not touching the desk at all but the UI keeps popping up in the middle of video. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just paid 6.99 so i can watch game of thrones and i have the same problem. Completly spoils viewing experiance. Looks like another case of not enough testing carried out on new player

before pushing it out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem, windows 10 combi laptop running intel i7 processor.

When running in full screen, it keeps randomly showing the controls and pause button in the middle of the screen, it really spoils my enjoyment of the programmes.

Please organise an update to fix this quickly or I will be cancelling my subscription.