First Poster

Problem with full screen on NOW TV Player

Whenever I toggle this new player to full screen the UI never disappears, makes it incredibly pointless to use seeing as it always have a massive pause button and a pair of arrows stuck in the middle of the screen.

Using Windows 7 if that matters.

7tm
Occasional Poster

Re: Problem with full screen on NOW TV Player

I'm running windows 10 and the big pause button goes for about a minute then just keeps coming and going. Very shoddy service and completely takes you out of your viewing. PLEASE GET THIS FIXED

NOW TV Team

@7tm

@Dave_J_L

Hi Welcome to the fourm, Sorry for any inconvenince caused, we have raised this with our tech teams and will have an update soon 

Community Manager

Hi Both, 

Are you moving the mouse at all? or are you using a wireless mouse? 

You may want to try disconnecting the mouse while you watch the episode to see if this helps. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Highlighted
Occasional Poster

[ Edited ]

Same issue here with a wired mouse (Windows 10), not touching the desk at all but the UI keeps popping up in the middle of video. 

Occasional Poster

Its a bug with the player.

Occasional Poster

Just paid 6.99 so i can watch game of thrones and i have the same problem. Completly spoils viewing experiance. Looks like another case of not enough testing carried out on new player

before pushing it out.

First Poster

Same problem, windows 10 combi laptop running intel i7 processor.

When running in full screen, it keeps randomly showing the controls and pause button in the middle of the screen, it really spoils my enjoyment of the programmes.

Please organise an update to fix this quickly or I will be cancelling my subscription.

Elite 1

I don't use my PC for watching NowTV (3 nowtv boxes and a ATV) and due to the four device limit restriction i can't test this out for myself on my PC (otherwise i would have given it a go).

I was wondering if any of you have tried or tested watching NowTV on a Windows 7 to 10 PC with Internet Explorer 11 and using Silverlight as the media player rather than using this NowTV player option ?

Here's a link on how to install IE11 with Silverlight if anybody wants to give it a try (I would be interested to hear about the PC users experience compared to the NowTV player alternative i.e. better or worse).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/google-chrome-silverlight-compatibility

Occasional Poster

I've switched to the Windows App for now, will see how that goes. Currently exhausted 3 of my 4 devices with a single PC.