cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Player buffering on Laptop

My player has been acting like a broken DVD since I downloaded it.  I have asked for help and been asked to clear the cashe, and reinstall the player from various sourses, none of which resolved the issue.  I kept being told it is my broadband speed, but player works fine on my tablet and my BB speed is well over the required minimum.  I don't want to watch on my tablet though, I got now TV to watch on my laptop (Windows 10). 

Also notice they have signed me up for monthly payments starting April, which I never agreed to; I only bought a three month pass. 

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. There's currently a few ways to watch on Windows machines, if you find the NOW TV Player helper app doesn't work well you can try watching in-browser using Silverlight but this only works on IE11 browsers. More info here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-windows

or the other alternative is to download the NOW TV app from the Windows Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

With regards monthly payments, do you mean you've applied a voucher to your account and your My Account > My Passes page is showing a payment will be taken when your voucher ends? If so that's the way they work, multi-month vouchers and gift cards always renew at the end, if you don't want this to happen just remember to cancel before you reach the end date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply Andy, not sure why i could not have been told that
sooner.

Regarding the passes rolling over, the only reason I looked at my account
and found out that I had been scheduled for monthly payments was due to
seeing the large amount of complaints from people caught out; they had
about a time limited pass and expected that when it expired they would no
longer have access, only to discover they were paying every month for a
service they did not want and did not even realise they still had. It
should be made clearer as people have an expectation of a difference
between signing up for a monthly payment and buying a time limited pass.