cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV crashes Win7, HDMI blocked, VideoGuard still runs after uninstalling NowTV - bye bye

I have cancelled my account. To add insult to injury, the NowTV 'leaving because of technical problem' web page is broken! 

Things potential users should be aware of:

1. I am unable to watch NowTV using my very good, pre-smart Samsung TV because NowTV blocks devices which connect via HDMI - utterly ridiculous!  (If NowTV states this is due to 'technical reasons' then it is nonsense since physical connections, like HDMI, are controlled by the device (e.g. Android box or other) and operating system, not applications (which NowTV is). I agreed to pay NowTV so I could watch their programmes on a TV: they failed to provide the service I was willing to pay for.

2. The NowTV Windows application crashed, not only itself, but Windows as well - stopped my laptop dead. Bam. Twice. This is a serious bug and should have been tested and fixed before releasing to the public. (They could learn something from other multimedia providers). Further, the error message displayed immediately before it crashes was useless.

3. When NowTV is installed it also installs Cisco's VideoGuard. When you uninstall the NowTV application VideoGuard is not uninstalled. Worse, VideoGuard is automatically loaded/run in the background when Windows starts, thus using up resources and doing whatever it wants without your knowledge after you have uninstalled NowTV. Dreadful.

NowTV have lost a customer and lots of goodwill with it: I have been very disappointed: other companies do so much better, why can't NowTV?

1 REPLY 1
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User actually you can watch Now on a laptop hitched up to a TV if you have the TV as your monitor.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.