cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV app (on Win10) returning err TV is non-compliant (HDCP) (err c00d7159)

error when watching NowTV on Windows PC (win10, x64) using Now TV app, but unable to view using IE or Firefox because max devices used...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

error when watching NowTV on Windows PC (win10, x64) using Now TV app, but unable to view using IE or Firefox because max devices used...

Hi @Anonymous User

For clarification are you using a laptop PC or a desktop PC? As the issue you're getting seems to be related to HDCP if you're using a desktop PC. I would guess that you have your monitor connected using the VGA video interface. Would I be correct?

In order to use Windows apps that allow you to stream protected video your monitor needs to be connected using DVI, HDMI( includes mini HDMI) or display port (includes mini display port) because VGA does not support HDCP

If you're using Windows 10 the now TV Windows app is actually the strongly recommended option , So I wouldn't switch to browser-based playback. Unless you have absolutely no choice.

If your PC is now runs Windows 10 because you have recently ran the Windows 10 upgrade. Then that will be why you cannot initiate playback through your web browser because Silverlight DRM will now be identifying your PC as a new device . If you have no device swaps available you need to pop on to live chat and explain the situation and they should be able to sort you out

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

For clarification are you using a laptop PC or a desktop PC? As the issue you're getting seems to be related to HDCP if you're using a desktop PC. I would guess that you have your monitor connected using the VGA video interface. Would I be correct?

In order to use Windows apps that allow you to stream protected video your monitor needs to be connected using DVI, HDMI( includes mini HDMI) or display port (includes mini display port) because VGA does not support HDCP

If you're using Windows 10 the now TV Windows app is actually the strongly recommended option , So I wouldn't switch to browser-based playback. Unless you have absolutely no choice.

If your PC is now runs Windows 10 because you have recently ran the Windows 10 upgrade. Then that will be why you cannot initiate playback through your web browser because Silverlight DRM will now be identifying your PC as a new device . If you have no device swaps available you need to pop on to live chat and explain the situation and they should be able to sort you out

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Commanda6,
Yes, desktop connected to monitor via VGA. Will try HDMI shortly, but a bit
strange as it was working fine a few days ago. Will confirm as resolved
when new HDMI connected...
Thx
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Confirmed as resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great news @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So i cant whatch now tv cuz the type of monitor im using doesn't have a HDMI port? 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The monitor and GPU must be HDCP compliant...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
What does that mean?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

What type of video output connections does your computer and monitor have @Anonymous User?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
D-sub, that's what it says underneath the cable