cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player is terrible

I used to use Skys On Demand service quite a bit, but after cancelling my membership I've only been using Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Both of these run absolutely fine on my Browser, with no issues atall.

I decided to pay for NowTV again after GOT was released. What a mistake. Being forced to download an app to play video for starters is a bit of an annoyance, and then qhwn you get to play something it is UNWATCHABLE. The music and sound are jumping all over the place and I have given up. I just downloaded on another laptop to see if it was a problem with that, but it was even worse. This time also the control buttons would not disapear, so I had a jumpy video, and a big pause button in the midde of the screen.

I have used this through the PS4 though, and it works fine.

I have cancelled my membership.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have downloaded the Android App and currently watching GOT fine with no buffering or sound issues.

Just looking over this forum you can see this is a Windows problem, really hope some one sorts something out about this...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User If you are using a windows browser we would recommend to download the Now Tv player app on the windows play store. if you had silverlight installed before please uninstal this once the app is downloaded from the play store.

Thanks

Ryan M

Now Tv Social Team  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

My whole post is about how bad the App is, and you're telling me to download it? What?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the point is that windows is not a good system to play on, this indicates that theres an issue that you need to resolve to allow the app to run smoothly on windows laptops as so many customers wish to use the app on their laptops.  looking for issue resolution to my issues on these forums and it seems to be a continuous theme........can you sort it out please! of course we have downloaded the app, we aren't imbeciles!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Previously I was watching with Internet Explorer without needing to download the NowTV app... Some reason Internet Explorer told me today I needed to download the app, so I did so & installed it and WOW, there's literally no point in watching NowTV on Windows, apparently. The audio and visual quality is beyond words, so so bad. And like many others have said - what is with the menu continuously popping up? This video player is really not good enough to be charging people £9.99 per month, honestly. Please sort it, or I'll cancel my subscription in the very near future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue with the new Player - Sadly, I only just returned to Nowtv - seems it was a mistake.