cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv App Win 10 gripes

Hi all. These are just a few of my gripes about the Now tv app I recently installed on my Win 10 pc after being prompted to after trying to access Now tv via Firefox. First of all the app works well and I'm glad there is a way to watch Now tv on Firefox again after having to use Internet Explorer the last few months. Ok so firstly the audio is slightly out of sync. This is specific only to the Now tv app. I don't experience it with anything else. Secondly the top and bottom blue borders appear periodically, in fullscreen and windowed view, and I haven't touched or been anywhere near my keyboard or mouse. It's just an annoyance but odd that it does it. Hopefully both can be easily patched.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, used to watch in browser (Firefox) with zero audio issues, running the Win10 desktop app the audio is stuttering every second and is now totally unwatchable.

I also use the PS4 app and a NowTV box and they dont do this.

Fix required asap!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cant' get it to work it gives me a black screen and tells me to use full screen option. but it fills the screen. I am so confused!

I ahve a win 10 laptop brand new, I can't get the tv player to work on any browser. I can only get the silverlight on Internet explorer and hte controls at the bottom are teeny weeny. I'm so fed up!

my hudl2 broke so I can't use that, and now tv isn't on amazon fire that I can see to be availalbe. 

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User full screen is meant to fill the screen. I have used the app via the chrome browser. I don't currently as I prefer to watch on other devices.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sorry I wasn't clear.

when I launch the now player app from the windows store - the ENTIRE screen is black. no sign anywhere of any controls. you move the cursor around, nothing pops up. just the message saying you need to be in full screen.

after a lot of faffing around, given other people get the damn thing to work, I discovered if I usethe touch screen bit, then if I'm lukcy (a strike rate of 5 stabs per one success) finally a little menu bar comes up at the top, I click the diagonal arrows and suddenly, it works.

which is marvellous but it's bloody stupid. brand new windows 10 lenovo yoga and the app hides the controls.

still, better than using IE and a magnifying glass to find the play button with silverlight AND I can't get the now tv player to work at all on any browser.

I guess the murdoch's need a new carpet for their yacht or something so aren't prepared to invest in something that actually works for people paying for their product. shrugs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

also, the now tv help and support doesn't even mention the windows 10 app. which is stupid, as it does at least work....eventually.... with a lot of swearing and finger stabbing. I'm now keeping it open permanently so I don't have to try and find hte controls every damn time.

as soon as I've watched GOT, my sub is being kicked into the long grass. I like stuff I pay for to be useable easily every time post installation. now tv is failing on that key issue for me. too much hassle.