cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV tring to run via app instead of browser

I've been happily running NowTV via Windows 10/IE11/Silverlight for months. Suddenly it is now trying to force me to use App - something has changed in last few days but I can't determine what. Silverlight still there and enabled. I have a 2nd PC also running Windows 10/IE11/Silverlight and that still works via browser. I sign into NowTV, access MyTV, select program to watch then get a message from IE saying 'Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer' (i.e. now taking you down the route of installing/using Now TV Player). Other computer does not bring up this message and works straight from browser. Reinstalled Silverlight, cleared cache - same problem. I definitely want to keep running from browser....................... Any ideas anyone ?

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no resolution on this issue or any real communication from NOW, I bought a NOW box and subscription so that my mother could watch the NOW box, I could watch what I wanted on a laptop.  I am starting to feel pretty unhappy.  The product is not fit for purpose and does not provide the functionality promised.  I cancelled the Movie pass last month, recieved a notification that my pass had been cancelled and would expire at the end of February, I have however been charged £10.99 this month for Movies.  Now the problem with watching in a browser - In any browsers.  Followed by a few words of reassurance in online chat that the matter is being 'looked into', a matter which has existed for a long time now and must affect pretty much all users of NOW in browsers.  Surely there should be a dedicated team working to resolve this, surely with this issue having been around for so long a resolution should have been forthcoming by now.  It simply is not good enough to have a NOW player that doesn't work and a team that suggests possible workarounds to clients that they have neither trialled nor know if works.  I have a product that does not work, an entertainment subscription that I pay for with content that is unwatchable and a movie subscription that I cancelled last month but have still been charged for this month.  Can someone please come back with a definitive answer to the following:

Can we expect this fixed

Will this be watchable in browser again

When can we expect a resolution

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same with me, very annoyed. They need to fix it ASAP.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

FWIW my IE started linking to Nowtv Player a while back too.
The big problem is the player video is running slightly behind the sound. This is on Windows 7.

And as of tonight I've had to ditch Chrome and IE and use Firefox as my movie pass was not recognised.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Too bad.
Unsurprisingly, there is no reaction from @nowtv.
Can we have an update @Tony-D?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been using an older App to watch Now TV for several months, with the odd glitch, mostly internet connection-related. However, it started really mucking up a few weeks ago, so I followed the advice and uninstalled, and re-installed. Only to get the pile of garbage that I am now really struggling to watch things on.

It worked fine for the first week or so, but was really irritating in that you have to keep signing back in, even when you ticked the box to stay signed in (which I notice has now been removed). I don't like the fact that you open up the player, it takes you to a website, you sign in, you eventually find what you want to watch (it tends to take back to the start of the LAST episode you watched, rather than the next one - another bug-bear), and the sound goes, the picture may speed up and you get the something went wrong message (error 9004 for me), and some dialogue boxes that are in some developer gobbledegook, but might be java related that won't close until I manage to shut the Player down.

I haven't been able to find anything other than try again, or try to re-intall. when I do get back in it falls over several more times times before the end of the episode and it really bloody anooying! AND NOW, when I click on Help I get this: "The owner of help.nowtv.com has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site." And no Help. I couldn't even get to the help centre as I got the same message. This isn't even Friday afternoon shoddiness, it's not fit for purpose.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am as baffled as you are.
I have no problems with Netflix, Amazon, BBC player, my 5, channel 4 or any other streaming system but nowtv.
@Tony-D has been silent for a while, not answering to any tags. He hasn't provided any feedback since he promised to tell us about the future of streaming via the browsers.
Typical of nowtv.
I now have a very strange wish. I wish I were working for that company so that I could shake the tree and shame them for not having a QA system and no customer care.
But I don't.
The only thing nowtv seems to be doing, is sending you badges for posting on the forum.
Who do they thing they are kidding with this? Not you. Not me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We should start proceedings and get a collective letter. I have a complaint that has been going around. Although I haven’t heard from nowtv again. I mentioned that they were advertising a service, streaming online, that is not working, not available, not repaired and that was a misleading wrongful advert and illegal. Besides, their complaints system ia opaque and help service non existent. When emails come back from complaint, the tone is insulting.
I am happy to work on a common action/ letter with anyone who wishes to do so. There is strength in numbers.