cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV output to PC desktop

Hi,

With my Sky + box I use the ariel output through a tuner to watch on windows media centre on my desktop (windows 7) as I surf the web.

Does anyone know if I can achieve the same with the output from my Now TV box? I have tried using the jack output to RCA then through some adapter to go to my tuner, but it doesn't pick anything up. Is there anything I can do from the HMDI cable?

I would be happy with a resizable window that would always be on top, has anyone had any sucess with something similar?

Cheers

D

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure why you need to, as you can watch Now TV on a laptop already? Why do you need to use a Now TV box to do this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

I like to have a resizable window that I can position anywhere on my pc screen as I work or browse.

Whatever I choose to do, the windows media centre window stays on top. I cannot see that is possible watching now tv via a browser.

...Or is it?

Cheers

D

Anonymous User
Not applicable

if you are watching Now TV on a browser could you not resize the browser window? or use snap,to have then side by side see link

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silverlight5.1 has removed popout windows as all good web browsers plan to ban popout windows for ever in updates....

The new Fill tab view mode button has not been added to NowTV player and likey won't be as silverlight is a legacy system for MAC only come July, Windows 10 and HTML5 takes over PC support but thats restricted to FULL screen only...

[video]

If you use silverlight still on the PC web browser you can use BROWSER zoom controlls to scale the player size... once you get to about 50% zoom the silverlight GUI will break functions...

Capture.JPG 

Your card is likely just out of date.

NowTV boxes Can be recorded easy but it may just be time for an upgrade to HDMI capture card and a HDCP removal device... instead of wasting time with multi cables and convertors..

[video]

Any one else remember that old interface... those days long gone...

The New card will decide whats possible with what interface so do some research

You are likely to have boarders still with controlls youll have to push them to one side and scale the window. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extra = Be aware NowTV is an Independant service from the BskyB Dish Broadcaster service...

NowTV does not give you access to BskyB Dish services subscription it has a very limited entertainment package and thats why the price is so low... 

Just incase you did not know... SKYgo is the free IPTV service included in the Sky Dish subscription... just checking you know the difference... to many do not... before you start getting charged by NowTV, if you still have the BskyB subscription you want SkyGO... unless you only want the free content from the Box and canceled all the subs...

[video]

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem. However after a bit of fiddling I found if you move your cursor to the top of ther screen you can click the second icon in which will make the display in a little window instead of full screen, jusat like windows.

Clicking it again returns to full screen, and you can slect the exact size (but not aspect ratio) of the display you want.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i cannot get silverlight to work i have been at it for 3 days now

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to access NOW TV. 

Can you please let me know if you encounter any error messages? 

Are you able to let us know what operating system you are running? 

You can try searching for silverlight in the start menu, once opened click on the playback tab and ensure the second box is unticked. Press OK and try to use NOW TV. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am planning to buy now tv whether i can browse internet for eg using IE ?