cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV not working

No programmes or movies working - subscriptions or movies and entertainment are up to date. Everytime I try to watch something, it just says says error and closes. No error code comes up. Please help.

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Andy,

in spite of your not being the Andy I was looking for, you have been most helpful. Thank you!  As it turns out my system  will not support Now TV without a lot of fiddling  and adjustments so I would rather not  continue with my membership. 

Could you guide me as to where I can 'unregister' my membership so that I don't end up by having to pay  for a facility that I don't use .

Best regards,

Fisaffie

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Firstly, if you have a movies pass or trial, go to your My Account > My Passes page http://account.nowtv.com/passes and you should see a cancel button in the movies pass section. Click that and follow all the steps through to the end to cancel the pass. This will make sure you don't get charged at the end of your current period.

After you've cancelled, you'll still be able to use the pass until the expiry date, so if you feel like explaining what part you get stuck on trying to get it to work, we might be able to get it sorted for you. @Anonymous User (the Andy you were looking for!) is also around to day so he might be able to work some magic.

PS watching on a laptop isn't the only option for NOW TV, have a look at the following list of devices, you might have something else already you could try it out on

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Andy,

I'm so sorry to bother you again. I followed your instructions and went to  'my account' and then to 'passes' but it immediately took me directly to the form asking me for all my banking details.

I would rather not do this since I'm trying to extricate myself from the company. Is it required that I put all my banking details in AGAIN when trying to unregister? If so, I am very confused.

Best regards,

Fi

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Oh dear! If you're asked to enter payment details that means you have logged into an account that hasn't been setup for NOW TV yet (it might be an old Sky ID you have from having Sky TV or broadband in the past, or a NOW TV account you never finished setting up).

Just to double check you've definitely signed up for a free trial or bought a pass already? And you've entered your payment details already in the past?

If so, it will be under a different username to the one you've logged in with today. Can you think of any other username and password you might have? If so, try logging out and then logging back in with that one.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Andy,

yes, I am almost completely sure that I paid for, and registered with Now TV. Or rather, I put in my bank details when I set up my account. But I am totally confused now. I do suffer from brain fog, which is part of the disease, and which does make me do really silly things sometimes.

What I might do is make a note of the date I tried to register, and in two weeks' time. Have a good look at my bank balance in my current account and see if there have been any monies removed.

I am registered with sky itself, and that might have been the sky account I was putting my bank details into. They already have those.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello again, Andy,

Sadly, I'm committed to using a laptop because I suffer from a disease called ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis), which is very like Multiple Sclerosis and am no longer able to sit or walk, nor can I type. I have to use Dragon speech recognition  to do all my communications.

This was one of the reasons I wanted another option to watch movies as I am  so restricted in all my other  activities. . My hands are virtually paralysed, so I cannot use  any of the  latest small  devices  available . , nor are they compatible with Dragon dictate  so my options are extremely limited.. I can only watch television for two hours, as that is as long as I can sit in a chair .

Best regards,

Fi

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Thanks for explaining your situation. I can appreciate how frustrating it can be to try and get your issue sorted on here, when it involves lots of typing and explaining yourself. What I'll do is drop @Anonymous User a message on your behalf to see if he can get your pass located and cancelled for you, hopefully with just a minimal amount of effort needed on your part. So, best thing to do is sit tight and hopefully Andy will get that sorted for you at some point today.

Hope that helps and all the best!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh Andy, you are so kind! *Sniff*

I am beside myself now with worry that I have given my bank details to some charlatan who might hack into my account. I have had this before when I had a Trojan attack and that involved all sorts of distressing things like cutting up my debit card, getting a new one, and having to change all my passwords (I can only remember one)

I'm sorry to be whining to you so much, but I do genuinely appreciate everything that you have done to help me in my predicament. Sometimes there are angels out there in the most surprising places!

With all my gratitude,

regards

Fi

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

@Andy has sent me a message and asked me to have a look into this for you.

If you can keep an eye out on your emails, I will send you one soon

Thanks

(Other Andy)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much, 'Other Andy',

I'll watch my emails like the proverbial hawk , as I do anyway – it's my lifeline to the outside world .