cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player 100% CPU Utilisation, Unwtchable Video & Audio

Hi,

Bought the monthly pass yesterday to watch the Lions Series.  Installed the player and it is completely unwatchable (video and audio glitchy and stuttering).  I wotk in the IT field and I can see that the player / CiscoVideoGuard is consuming 100% CPU resources.  I have installed the player on 2 Laptops with the same results.  I have tried contacting Now TV but they have moved / hidden th are of the website where you can contact them.  I managed to get it working using IE Browser but the quality was poor.  For £33+ I would have expected better.  In comparison BT Sports is so simple and it just works! Does anyone know how to get in touch with them?

Many Thanks

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Live chat might be your best option, click on link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/sky-sports-day-week-month-pass

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey!  Many Thanks Schnapps, I'll give it a try.

Cheers

Paul

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I too signed up to watch the lions and have the same problem 100% cpu usage on 2 laptops - one Aspire ES17 with intel pentium quad core N3700 8 GBDDR3 L memory, and one more modern.

It was poor but better when I used silverlight a year or so ago.

Any answers out there?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi agree with you it's the CISCO VIDEO GUARD that hugs the CPU, this seems to be a DRM app.

I also spotted during the install that the NOW TV DESKTOP APP made changes to several registry keys including those for Internet Explorer and also TCP IP...