cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New NowTV Player - Terrible!

Very, very unhappy with Sky.

Now TV was quite good watching online with website player.

I've just returned to the service; bought a pass; then found I had to download a player.

Did so, and it turned out to be a horrible watching experience.

The video stops and starts; jumps from good to poor quality; making watching a sports game useless.

No, it's not my computer, my browser, nor my connection.

I've been watching BBC player without any problems whatsoever.

This new player uses far too many computer resources:

4 instances of NowTV player running;  tried stopping one and the player failed.

2 Cisco executables running as well

Definitely not thought through before rolling out.

Now, because of the very unfair cancellation terms, I can't get a refund even after just 15 minutes!

There is only a refund for those who do not start the pass.

Even though one cannot know how bad the new service is without starting the service in the first place!

That is more than unfair, it's very poor business.

I've effectively given Sky a donation of 33.99.  Whoopie!!

Why oh why do companies insist on changing perfectly good products???!!!!!

If it ain't broke.....

50 REPLIES 50
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Nuclear Blast.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

never mind.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have to agree, I signed up for the one day pass yesterday for the manchester derby, the game was buffering, it had double sound and was a total waste of time so i gave up, i'm no newbie i work for an IT company we own our our servers and use sky for broadband, now tv might be fine for small events but big events forget it, it can't cope.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am very sorry, that you feel that way, but rest asure NOW TV will be looking into the problem and we hope that you remain with NOWTV, as we try to provide, great service for our customers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please give us the option back of being able to watch it online like before.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just been able to get back to my older version of the app - where you scroll sideways throught Cinema, Sports, Entertainment, Lets go and My TV options, and get the episode info when you move your mouse while watching. It's still falling over, but is far more stable than the current version. I got it via the Microsoft App Store - I think it's the latest version they have perhaps? I've been trying to get a resolution for the newer version, but there is so much wrong with it, boeyond technical issues that I am going to cling on to the older version for as long as possible (hopefully until after GoT finishes and I can then switch to a better service like Netflix).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And yet, as of today the issue is still not resolved.  How hard can it be for you guys to test the app on an updated windows 10 machine to see how badly it performs and fix it.  I'm sure it can't be that hard as several other players work without these issues, whereas NowTV app just doesn't seem to get the attention or expertise it needs to make your users and 'valued' customers the level of service they deserve.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancel all your Now TV passes, I just have. Sky will get this sorted quick if we all do the same.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have to agree, this simply does not work. The sound echoes and stutters, making any programme unwatchable. The picture is nearly always pixellated. I was looking forward to catching up on some TV while I was away for Christmas, but, because we are for some reason not allowed to stream over the internet anymore, I won't be able to do this. Why was this not tested before being launched on the public? Are we going to get a refund for this non-existent service?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As mentioned below, I had the same disappointment. 

Used Internet Explorer and it played in Silverlight instead of the app - perfect smooth HD even on patchy Wifi.