cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV player on pc have sound no picture.

i have started to use now tv on pc again using mozilla web browser everything downloaded and installed fine but the problem is dspite having sound i have no picture can anyone out please help solve this problem

68 REPLIES 68
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The same problem here. Can we get help from Now tv personel ?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue. Used the live chat who gave terrible service and had no idea how to even approach the issue (he tried telling me to log in using my username rather than email address, even though I had stressed it was an issue with the player update?!) 

I've tried again today and there seems to be no fix or update. Making me question why I am paying for the service when there are so many other competitors where I wouldnt be facing this issue. This is an example of very poor service to customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I have this Issue on my laptop also, I have downloaded Now TV app, it is a windows laptop.

This is very frustrating and I am subscribed to Now TV only to watch GOT and cant even enjoy it.

Please help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have been having the same problems as well sound but no picture i have left two questions on here about this but have yet to find someone who has answer to this problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I contacted the Help team and got the following response - maybe it might help some people, it didn't help me.  Now they have prpomised to escalate my request to the "higher team". I will let you all know if I find a solution.  I'm trying to watch on Windows 10.

Thank you for contacting NOW TV.

I'm really sorry to see you facing this experience with us, I'll try my best to help you and try my best to get it sorted.

I suggest you to uninstall the NOW TV player on your PC.

Once the player is uninstalled, please try to clear the cache of the browser which ever you're using on your PC.

For Firefox: 

·         In the History menu, select Clear Recent History.

·         From the drop-down menu with time range, select the desired range; to clear all the cache, select Everything.

·         Next, click the down arrow next to Details and choose only Cache.

·         Click Clear Now.

·         Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser

For Chrome: 

·         Click the burger icon in the top right corner of Google Chrome browser.

·         Choose Settings.

·         In the left menu, choose History.

·         “Clear browsing data.”

·         Deselect all, but Cached images and files.

·         Time wise, choose the beginning of time.

·         Hit “Clear browsing data” button.

Next is you need download the player again by this link : https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Full-Windows.exe 

However, if you're facing the same issue then I suggest you to reply back to this email and we will escalate to the higher team.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number.

Thanks,

Bharati

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I was forced to download an app update this morning and now I have sound but no picture (black screen). I only have NOWTV in order to watch the new Twin Peaks every Monday morning (before seeing the inevitable spoilers online) and now, after weeks of faultless use, I cannot use the service!

The Help team info posted by Persephone is no help at all because the app link is an exe file for Windows (not Macs)!

I cannot find a way to contact NOWTV via live chat - Any clues?

What am I suposed to do?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV media streaming side of the service is a fully 'online service' which offers help to its customers via Live Chat, via Send Enquiry or via this Help Forum (by forum members, along with a comprehensive range of Help Centre articles). 

That being said, you can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not be sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I am desperate to get my player working so I can watch today's Twin Peaks also!!!!  The only other option I have is to watch it on my ipad via the app - that's working, but it's pretty unsatisfactory because NowTV doesn;t allow Entertainment Pass people to connect an ipad to a large screen TV.  As soon as you plug in the HDMI cable it disconnects from the stream.  You have to be Sports Pass.  Seems a bit silly, especially when the main player isn't working. Not all of us have NowTV boxes.

I have sent a message and am awaiting a reply from the "higher team" to which I gather the issue has been escalated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've spoken with TWO seperate agents now. Still no joy! They gave me a direct link to download an update, but it was the exact same version (2.1.1) and consequently the problem persists...

Does anyone from NOWTV actually read these posts? Has anyone had the issue resolved, and if so how?

Yes, I am very frustrated. This is my day off and I've spent two hours on this so far with no solution...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

UPDATE: After speaking with two agents and trying many things over the course of two and a half hours they finally admitted that they're baffled and took it to their higher level tech' people (which they should have done to start with). Apparently it is a "known issue" and I was told they're "working on it"... When I pressed for more information, such as a timescale, I was told it could take two more days (but maybe longer).

NOWTV, this is totally unnacceptable.

I (like many others no doubt) use the service *purely* to view the new Twin Peaks legally and without being spoilt online. My work requires me to use social media, therefore I cannot avoid the Internet for several days... NOWTV's own parent company (Sky) post spoilers, as do Showtime, within hours of teh first broadcast. How can 'Peaks fans avoid this?

I will be making an official complaint to NOWTV and I suggest others do the same. They can be sure that they will lose my custom after this.