cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV player on pc have sound no picture.

i have started to use now tv on pc again using mozilla web browser everything downloaded and installed fine but the problem is dspite having sound i have no picture can anyone out please help solve this problem

68 REPLIES 68
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since the update I'm getting sound but no picture on now TV player on PC. Things worked ok before the update. Can anyone at Sky tell me when they think they'll have a solution for this problem? Otherwise I'll have no choice but to cancel my subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A new version of the NOW TV Player has been published. Please try opening the app again to receive the update.

If you continue to experience issues, please comment below on this thread.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Now TV, I've unistalled the updated app, and reloaded the app from the windows store. So far ok. When trying to view anything, it states that I need to remove one of my devices to be able to view. I haven't added any more devices, I have 4 in total. Ive tried this a number of times, but no luck.

Any ideas for me please.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Ordinarily you are permitted to change one registered device per month, which comes into effect at the beginning of the next new month. However because of the recent issue it would appear that you require a 'forced' device limit reset, which needs to be carried out by a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler
Many thanks, after the live chat and a fix by them,  I was able to remove the pc device from the current list of 4 devices. Then open the now tv player and tally ho able to watch Game of Throne. ( back to 4 devices again) Top man, but a bit of a pain to go through. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi does anyone know hot to fix the nowtv player

i stream nowtv over my desktop pc, i use internet explorer. It worked fine and then as usual you lot at nowtv comes along and messes it up, the player gives sound but no picture its blank its just a black screen and thats it. Been trying to get some one at nowtv to respond but again like this bloody generation all they do is ignore people. Bad Bad BAd BAd service even thow you are taking my money.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

nope still not working, been trying to get it to work or get an answer or update or a fix, or some one a human being to help me. No response , no nowtv to get in touch, no chat , no help, no one knows what they are doing at nowtv, my latest review - you suck at customer servce so how is it you are not responding to members requests and why are  you not letting paying members know ie an update that comes up for us to let us no what the hell you are doing about it - ie when we sign into our accounts. I am so tired of being ignored by nowtv, if you don,t help me fix this im going to report nowtv it a higher authoriry, as you response rate is 0 nothing, not a dam thing. I look round the site and your for ever chasing your tale because no one knows anything on how to fix it - absoloutely nobody modern day my ######, you suck

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

nope still not working, been trying to get it to work or get an answer or update or a fix, or some one a human being to help me. No response , no nowtv to get in touch, no chat , no help, no one knows what they are doing at nowtv, my latest review - you suck at customer servce so how is it you are not responding to members requests and why are  you not letting paying members know ie an update that comes up for us to let us no what the hell you are doing about it - ie when we sign into our accounts. I am so tired of being ignored by nowtv, if you don,t help me fix this im going to report nowtv it a higher authoriry, as you response rate is 0 nothing, not a dam thing. I look round the site and your for ever chasing your tale because no one knows anything on how to fix it - absoloutely nobody modern day my ######, you suck

Hi @Anonymous User Sorry about the delay is getting back to you. I understand you can't watch NOW TV via your Browser anymore. I'd suggest thta you follow this more recent thread regarding this issue as we are constantly updating it and taking all the feedback to our dev team. Thanks https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Windows-PCs-Laptops/Now-TV-tring-to-run-via-app-instead-of-browser/m-p/459219#M7581

Tony

Anonymous User
Not applicable

does,nt work ive done all that over last 3 weeks. Nothing works, no one seems to know what is going on. nobody. Nowtv sucks, 3 weeks of headaches to me everyone is just guessing, and from the looks of it a hell of a lot of people are suffering from this. I see nowtv is still taking money as usual thow.

i think i should get a refun for providing of service to me on my pc, nowtv service is on the floor rubbish.

no one knows what they are doing at nowtv. SO WHAT ARE THE BOSSES DOINT IT AT SKY/NOW TV, what are actually doing to right this. what action have you taken, what have physically done about it. what software have you changed, what are you doing, or are just talking about it but doing nothing.

Nowtv is scripted help, not actual help. As techs cannot think on there feet or outside the box and do it for them selves, you don,t know what you are doing at nowtv, nothing works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

5 weeks now still not working, nowtv no were to be seen on issue.

Paying nowtv for service i can,t use and i found this on my own. And yet nowtv has not once told me it is no longer supported on browsers, so where are they getting there information from . Who is training these people, and why is they are not aware of this, a big business like this and yet they don,t know about the following ...

Why do Java, Silverlight, Adobe Acrobat and other plugins no longer work?

Beginning in Firefox version 52 released March 7, 2017, installed NPAPI plugins are no longer supported in Firefox, except for Adobe Flash. Some of the plugins that will no longer load in Firefox, even though they may be installed on your computer, include Java, Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Acrobat. See this compatibility document for details.

Over the past few years, Firefox has implemented various Web APIs so that websites can do the same things they’ve always done without plugins, so you will most likely not notice any change to your browsing experience.