cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV WINDOWS 10 APP

Used to wtach NOW TV in browser using web front end worked fine.

Just bought a moinths pass and had to install NOW TV DESKTOP APP.

RESULT = endless stop start mising 5 seconds at a time . NO good for sports.

My setup 50MB on BT Infinity, GIGABIT Ethernet cable direct from hub to laptop running windows 10, thinkbroadband speed test over that link gives 50Mb and 23ms latency.

SO SKY HOW DO I GET THE SERVICE I HAVE JUST PAID FOR??

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had similar experience this morning which resulted in missing first half of Lions test.

Avoid the app, it is crap. Use Internet Explorer and follow prompts to install Silverlight as required. This works, nothing else AFAICT, does. Hope this helps.

Now TV should update their guidance and work on improving their software for different platforms. Very shoddy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Next qwuestion is how to get IE on Windows 10 as that comes with Edge... (not the U2 version !)

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User what are the ram and specs of your devices. This can make a difference.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Technical details are:

Windows 10 laptop, AMD A10 processor, 2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM running 64 bit Windows 10

Gigabit wired ethernet directly into back of BT HH5 on Infinity

Thinkbroadband speed test had a 40Mb speed and 23ms latency

Even tried totally disabling forewall etc which made no difference.

Seemed to be the CISCO VIDOEGUARD that was hogging the CPU ie ~50%, NOW TV had hardly any CPU usage ~1%

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK just tried to use the NOW TV APP.  The CISCO VIDEOGUARD just hogs the CPU.

I need notice that during install that the installer made severall changes to the Registry including Internet Explorer and also TCPIP.

Will someone from NOW TV Explain changes the app makes?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you click the three dots on edge it will allow you to see page in internet explorer.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

But Windows 10 only comes with Edge...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To run IE on Windows 10 just search for Internet Explorer in Cortana. They like you to use Edge but IE is still there.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User actually all you need to is use the three dots in the corner of edge browser and you can view in IE. Then just save short cut to desk top or task bar.