cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NEW IDEA: Stay logged in. (Online viewing via browser)

Hi,

Would it be possible to have at least an option to remain logged in?

I'm getting tired of having to log back in every 30 minutes or so, because I have been automaticly logged out.

Thank you in advance.

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not allowed any more...

After the Stupid parents gave there kids unlocked mobiles again and let the kids do as a the kid liked then went to the media complaing to get a refund... Good companies won't allow perminant cookies on PPV systems...

Media companies SIGN OUT users automaticly now on PC...

Session cookies are used on PC websites to do this...

The SkyID can be used to order PPV content and to many users won't enable protection pin numbers to stop the kids that the lack off protection likely caused in the first place ordering PPV content...

Both My Sky and Amazon account require re-logins automaticly to protect my PPV details on PC... this means the neighbours little mistakes can't steal my laptop to order movies on my accounts... 

Silverlight uses the web browser which can result in PPV purchases...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this the reason I keep getting an error message every hour and have to log back in even in the middle of watching something? Very annoying.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is this the reason I keep getting an error message every hour and have to log back in even in the middle of watching something? Very annoying.

No thats not the reason...

session cookies in browser last 4 hours not 1 hour... and if you navigate the web page they are updated yet again...

only complete inactivity causes sign out normaly... after 4 hours... Closing the browser kills the session cookie instantly...

You can watch LOTR extended version, all the way till the end and still be logged in... when you go to select the next film in the series..

If you have extensions for adblocking they can be killing scripts that create the session update cookie scripts... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't have adblocker running and it seems other people are having the same problem as me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's my experience as well. As far as I can tell I have no ad-blocker type extensions - I more or less *only* use Firefox for NowTV. And this problem seems to have got worse recently. I've emptied the cache and killed all cookies etc but every session it does it - even to the entent of stopping midway through a film (it seems to be approximately hourly and fits with what i am seeing when I look at cookies). It doesn't even remember where you were in the film.

Happens live too - today twice during the grand prix for instance.

I was wondering if it could be anything to do with having bought a NowTV box after Christmas but I've still only got three out of four possible devices registered so it ought not to be - I am supposed to be able to watch on them *simultaneously* aren't I?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Yes, even if you've got the box on at the same time as the PC this shouldn't be an issue as you can watch on up to 2 devices at once.

We'll look into this and get back to you via email ASAP.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Simon-J - Just after I wrote that (I had searched for the error message) I realised I had posted in the PC/Windows forum. I'm actually on a Mac (El Capitan and Firefox - currently 45.01 - is the browser I now use almost exclusively for NowTV.) Since a couple of posts above mine suggested that it's not just me, I didn't want to repeat the same issue elsewhere, and haven't searched the Mac based forums specifically for it.

But am happy to do so if you think it makes a difference (e.g. Available Silverlight versions on the different OSes).

But thanks for looking into it. As I say, my *impression* is that it is happening more recently. But that may be simply because I have been "boxsetting" things more often rather than watching one thing and then not using it for a few days - so remaining logged in is more of an issue. As mentioned, it happens with live (like the Grand Prix) and on films that last over an hour, and when watching a box set if I get the "next episode" box at the end of one episode it will often tell me it can't load the next one until I've logged in again.

Cheers,

Jock

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just joined today, on PC using Firefox and have the same issue. Only watched TV programmes so far and max 1 hour long (probably only 40mins) but at the end of every show I have to log back in.

Don't have this problem watching on Amazon Prime or Netflix so it must be unique to Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been facing issues.

I've dropped you an e-mail about this, please keep an eye out in your Inbox/Spam folders 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team