cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Monthly device limit reached

Well this is annoying enought to cancel a subscription...

I signed up on my laptop. Watched first film on iPad. All good.

Then using media PC on TV wanted to watch a film but needed to remove laptop from devices. Not really an issue but annoying all the same. Oh, and quality of stream was worse than NetFlix and LoveFilm, but put up with it. Like watching a pirate move from the 90's 🙂

Hotle tonight. Can I watch on the iMac in the room? No. Just a black screen. Same happened on media PC so assume it is the device limit. Remove iPad from device list. Still doesn't work. OK, I've got my iPad with me. Goes to watch film..."You have already used up your monthly allowance for adding new devices on your NOW TV account" Useless.

I wanted to like NOW TV as LoveFilm and NetFlix have such crap streaming selections - but they at leat work. I've had zero technical issues on a number of deivces with those services. Why can't this be just as easy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Glenda,

as you can see in the previous post, you can only make one device change per month. It looks as though you have done this and so you can add a new device as this will be another change.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Kathrin

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

194 REPLIES 194
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just signed up to NowTV, Neither Netflix nor Amazon have a problem with me using 8 devices as long as no more than 2 are used at the same time. I will be cancelling NowTV after my 14 day trial. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

keep getting red bar up saying divices reached but cant get now tv on anything?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi armitagesusan.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry you have had problems adding a device.

Try adding a device now. Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Adrian

NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is quite possibly the worst thing about NOW TV.

I watch NOW TV on my laptop, iPad and ROKU BOX.

On 'My Devices' I had 2 x Laptop and 2 x NOW TV Box (as I had to get a replacement)

So I removed the 'old' NOW TV Box and added my iPad.

Turns out that the box I signed out of is somehow my current NOW TV Box. And so I can't watch content on it until December 1st. 

Very handy. I can guarantee I'll be leaving the service, as a member paying for movies AND entertainment, due to this and most likely the lack of help I will receive.

I've had an awful time, thanks.

NIgel

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI nigelmckee1,

Thanks for your post.

You are not stuck with being unable to watch until the 1st of December, all you have to do is speak to one of us here about it.

Please do not preempt a LACK of help.

We are here to help you, I think leaving the incendiary comments would be beneficial to all of us.

I have sent you a Private Message about this.

Kind regards,

Henrik

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Red bar pops up and tells me to go to manage devices and get info there. I understood but when i try to watch a movie it doesnt work O.o Help ASAP PLZ

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi APO,

we've had a look into your account and made some alterations, this should be working for you now.

Hope this helps

Simon

NOWTV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem on my account. I already have a Sky Go account with 2 devices, but having signed up to Now TV I'm being told on both devices that I've reached the limit of device changes on my account. I could have signed up with a different e-mail and avoided this problem entirely. I'd appreciate it if you unlocked my account so that I can use both Sky Go and Now TV on both this laptop and my iPad. If you make me wait a month I'll just go with Lovefilm instead because this is a complete joke.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi bmwoolley, We've had a look at the account associated with your Community name, so presumably the correct account, and it's inactive. This is most likely because some details were missed out when the sign-up attempt was made, e.g. payment and parental pins or payment card details. There is another account in the same name as the above account, which may also be yours, but it's linked to a different email address and hasn't reached any device limits. This account was created on the same day you posted on the Community, so maybe this is the different account you mentioned in your post. Unless we hear otherwise, we'll assume you have set up another account and that your problem is resolved. Regards, AnnP NOW TV Team
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I 've had a Now TV account for 2-or 3 years, and only got it to watch Game of Thrones,  which has now started again.  Last week I switched my PC on but, when logging into Now TV, was told I had "too many devices".  I went into "My Account" and clicked the "Manage Devices" button, but got only a page with a rotating Now TV logo wasting space and a list of FAQs.  There were no other buttons to click, and waiting for half an hour didn't bring up a list of my devices.  So I went into "Live Chat", and chatted to two people, the first of whom just tterminated the chat without solving anything.  The second one did go into my account, looked at what devices I had, and told me I already had two PCs, an iPad and an LG TV registered.  The LG TV is certainly true, but we've recently moved house and it's still in storage.  Both of the PCs have died and been binned (they don't last forever, you know, Now TV) and soo has the iPad, so they could be removed from the list, if I could see the list.  The  ,  second agent told me that he would remove the PCs.  However, the same happened this week, and I still can't see a list of devices.  Help!!!!!!!!!!!