cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Monthly device limit reached

Well this is annoying enought to cancel a subscription...

I signed up on my laptop. Watched first film on iPad. All good.

Then using media PC on TV wanted to watch a film but needed to remove laptop from devices. Not really an issue but annoying all the same. Oh, and quality of stream was worse than NetFlix and LoveFilm, but put up with it. Like watching a pirate move from the 90's 🙂

Hotle tonight. Can I watch on the iMac in the room? No. Just a black screen. Same happened on media PC so assume it is the device limit. Remove iPad from device list. Still doesn't work. OK, I've got my iPad with me. Goes to watch film..."You have already used up your monthly allowance for adding new devices on your NOW TV account" Useless.

I wanted to like NOW TV as LoveFilm and NetFlix have such crap streaming selections - but they at leat work. I've had zero technical issues on a number of deivces with those services. Why can't this be just as easy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Glenda,

as you can see in the previous post, you can only make one device change per month. It looks as though you have done this and so you can add a new device as this will be another change.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Kathrin

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

194 REPLIES 194
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very frustrating, have just removed an old device to register new phone, but have reached monthy limit. Am now unable to watch on either device! A warning before deleting would have been helpful.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've reached your device limit. If you've watched on four different devices in the past then the device limit rules kick in, where you can now only add one new device a month, even if you delete several. It's best to delete devices on the website as you will get a warning there, unlike on the iOS app.

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky really needs to get this sorted. I've just removed two old computers from my account that haven't been used for years. I've added my Android tablet so that I can use my Chromecast and the Now TV app shoes that is been added to the device list. As soon as I try to play a programme it tells me I can't add any more devices! 

Why is this happening when I've added only ONE device, the one I'm trying to use, and it already appears in my device list?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I should add that when the message appears the programme does not play, so my nice new Chromecast is currently useless and I can't watch Now TV unless I replace the old Roku box I've just disconnected. I don't watch Now TV much and may well cancel my subscription if this isn't fixed quickly.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Jump over to live chat and explain to them what's happening, hopefully they should reset your maximum four device slot limit.

Please be aware that the Chromecast will count as one device to your four device maximum limit on your account if you also watch nowtv content on your Android tablet as well together with casting to your Chromecast.

Here's a link page below for live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you're only using your Android phone to control the Chromecast and don't want to watch NOW TV on your Android screen at all, then you don't need to have your phone added as one of your devices, just make sure you always press the cast button in the NOW TV app BEFORE you choose something to play on the Chromecast.

Your Chromecast is the device that plays out the content so that will need to be one of the devices on your device list.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I didn't find any instructions on how to
do this before setting up the app on my tablet. I knew there was a limit on
how many devices we can use Now TV on, but I didn't expect an arbitrary
restriction limiting us to one device per month.

Most people will add the device with the app on it so, for Now TV to claim
justifiably that it supports Chromecast, it needs to allow two devices to
be added at the same time.

I've already added the tablet, so my only chance of getting things to work
before the New Year is to try to get help from the people on live chat.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Live chat are usually very good when people have a problem like yours, so I'd definitely give them a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely frustrating, just removed an old device to add a new phone. Now it says I can't make any other changes this month's so can't watch nowtv on either device! Some sort of warning system when you delete a device would be useful.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have reached my monthly device limit but i havent got any devices on to watch anything. therefore, paying money and not getting anything is pointless. please can i get this issue resolved so my hard earnt money isnt wasted 

thanks